68 of 112 people found this review helpful
Ford Focus may have the hatchback, but Civic has overall better value
By drivefun on
2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I test driven the 2013's Elantra GT, Mazda CX-5, Focus SE hatchback (hb) and Civic Ex. It finally came down to the wire between the Focus and Civic....
I thought over the need of a hb, and seemed compelling at first, I don't recall needing to haul a lot of stuff last several years, and if I did I rented a van a couple of times from Home Depot. Next, the hb looks nice, but reduces the rear viewing area. Overall, I felt the Civic has improved significantly.
MPG, long term cost of ownership, features and styling matters to me. The 2013 Civic nails them in pretty well.
I'm giving it a 4 star on value, since it now cost a little more after Ford's recent $2,500 factory incentive.
- Much quieter ride and improved handeling
- High MPGs
- High level of detailing
- Available black interior
- Proven engineering and reliability leading to lower cost of long term ownership and maintenance.
- Touch button start
- Direct fuel injection
- Blind spot indicator (e.g. like Mazda CX-5 Touring has)
- Manual shift in automatic
- Land departure feature and put the money in adding some or all of the items above.