2013 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Nice to own a honda again...

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Coupe (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Nice to own a honda again...
By gutzzz13 on

2013 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

'10 Jetta lease was up. I dislike the styling of the new Jettas so I went in for a '13 Accord Sport and left with a '13 Civic LX. Both great cars but I enjoyed the handling and overall feel of the Civic a bit more. I now prefer the Civic dashboard over a typical one (surprisingly). I also own a '12 Subaru Impreza which seems a lot zippier to 40mph but it's also not nearly as quite (loud CVT and road noise) which for a daily commute of 120 miles is very important. My daily commute broken down is 40 miles city and 80 miles highway. I average 37mpg not using ECO but I use cruise control often. Over 400 miles per tank. I get compliments from my co-workers for what it is...a nice compact car.

Quite ride, great (and accurate!) gas mileage, Honda reliability, bluetooth is audible because of the quite ride, I'm hooked on the rear view camera, Dashboard, multi-media interface is smart and I like how it integrates with my Android via bluetooth (except...see improvements). Hands free calling is very smart with how they capture your voice to set favorites. The car is attractive. Overall road feel and comfort is impressive especially for a compact car.

Android integration is a bit touchy. I have a Samsung Galaxy 3 and it began importing my phone numbers then stopped and won't continue. I will need to notify the dealer. This is certainly not a deal breaker by any means just an annoyance. After a google search seems others experience it too. I'm sure a firmware update will fix the issue. I would have liked the armrest to be adjustable up and down not just back to forward. The 5 speed automatic is very good but would have liked a CVT like in the Accord (it's extremely quiet).