New Hybrid runs well but head restraints are a pain
By new2bie on
2013 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
I just purchased a new 2013 Civic Hybrid. The vehicle only has 500 miles on it so far, so there isn't much to tell yet. Averaging 44.5 mpg, which is a little less than my 2003 model, but definitely acceptable. Color is supposed to be green opal metallic, but it just looks blue to me. I'm a little unsure of all the electronics on the new model. In general, our electronic gadgets only last a couple of years, and I expect to drive this car for much longer than that. I'm concerned that Electronic components in a vehicle can be VERY expensive to replace.
Favorite Features
There are a LOT of new standard features on the 2013 that make my 2003 version look like a model T by comparison. I think I'm going to like the rear view camera and the automatic setting for the headlights. I'm not I need or will use all the new bells and whistles like Blue Tooth and the USB ports, though. I added seat heaters because they didn't come standard on the model I wanted. I'm not sure what to make of the pump in the trunk supplied to re-inflate a flat instead of offering a spare tire.
Suggested Improvements
I rated comfort and fun to drive 1 because I find the front headrests in my new Hybrid excruciatingly uncomfortable. To me, they are reminiscent of the very worst airline seats that force one’s head forward into a position that inevitably leads to a very stiff neck. The angle of the metal supports require that the seat be reclined several positions to counteract the awkward thrust of the head restraint. Since I prefer to sit fairly upright as I drive, the current front seat headrest design does not work for me. If a more humane, non-angled front seat head restraint were offered, I'd buy it immediately. I hope others will suggest this, too, so that Honda will offer one.