Used 2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Nicely priced but question the factory MPG for CA
By wittay

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Your review of the Honda Civic Ex sedan automatic mpg. It is false and so far presentation of the information is at best misleading in the state of California. I have almost 5,000 miles on a 2013 Honda Civic EX and I have yet to average 29 miles city and highway. I have used the car's on board computer which seems to inflate the actual mpg and then manual calculations of what I filled the tank in number of gallons to cross check. While like the civic my main reason for buying the gas only verse hybrid model was that the gas model was supposed to get 38 mpg. When I asked the Honda sales and service folks what was going on I was getting mixed messages. One, wait until the engine is broken in.

Favorite Features

Cabin, console, exterior color, wheels, turning radius, easy to park, Euro look and feel

Suggested Improvements

Lacks low end torque, challenging views when changing lanes, lacks sun blocks for front windshield. Biggest issues is MPG. Expectation was for 38 MPG highway and average 32 to 34. Not even close. And am told its because of CA clean air admissions regulations and performance will be even worse in winter time as the fuel formulas change..

Not so happy thhis time
By mooneymaniac

2013 Honda Civic Si w/Navigation 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Car which I test drived was firm (what I liked) and literaly glued on the road. That was 2012 model. My Si on the other hand feel very unstable, the back has some lateral movement what feels like on the ice you want to corected constantly with speed over 65. Car also pooled to the left most of the time. So far I had 7 appointments with the dealer. First blame was for electric power steering. now for surface of the freeway and width and profile of the tires ( 17/215/45) They checked alignment twice and every time 1-4 parameters out of specs. So the wide tires are instaled for less stability?Have hard time to buy it. I have read many review on Si but nobody complained about the same problem?

Favorite Features

Like styling, plenty of power, decent economy, also computer calculated milage is well off real consumption which is about 2MPG less. The shifter on test driven car was perfect some of my gears feels rough, but normal according to dealer. Telescopic stering wheel adjustment works great, as well as touch screen GPS

Suggested Improvements

I feel that car of this category deserve to have temperature guage, water or oil, so LED display could be used for one screen for water/oil temp/ pressure and voltmeter. I would centarily be willing to pay for that feature. For sure I don't need another clock on that display. GPS is nice also different from Garmin I was used to. But I was expecting to use address from my phone book to convert for destination. Why should I type addres manualy if already exist on the page of the phone?

Exactly the car I wanted
By fronteeer

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my 2011 Civic, I'd test driven the 2012 and loved the way it drove but hated how cheap, plain and conservative the car had become, focusing on fuel economy above all else. So I bought the 2011 even though I found the transmission to be really unforgiving, because it was a much better made and more attractive car. The 2013 I just bought is a perfect compromise. Great transmission, sufficient power, excellent fuel economy, superb interior and exterior styling and quality. I don't like the seat fabric much, but the nylon mesh and faux suede seats in my 2011 were uncommonly high-end for this class of car. The 2013 Civic is a sincere apology for the poorly-executed 2012.

Favorite Features

Honda fixed the bucking bronco clutch (yay) and gave the car some sporty appeal. The highly detailed interior is a perfect blend of sporty and sophisticated. Looking closely at the stitching on the dash and doors, it looks real but I don't want to muck with it. Nice wheels, useful Bluetooth with streaming, the hands-free speakerphone works well and the seats are comfortable and supportive. I love the sunroof and auto-off headlights (this feature is wayyyy overdue). Honda moved the handbrake so your knee isn't resting on it all the time (ouch).

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders on the 2011 were better placed, the sliding cup holder cover was a great way to hide the coffee spillage, and it's GONE. The change holder is also GONE. Where the heck do I put coins? The other big storage tray is lined with rubber so you couldn't pick up a coin in there if your life depended on it. The automatic climate control is voodoo. It runs the fan on its lowest setting in auto mode, so if you want more air, you have to override the auto climate control. Then, the numbers, which are supposed to represent temperature (degrees) in auto mode, become ambiguous references to some heat output level that doesn't represent temperature but still appears to.

I Love This Car
By mary4698

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 2006 Civic Ex was totaled in an accident two weeks ago. So I went to my nearest Honda dealership, where I bought my 2006, and bought a 2013. This is the third Civic I've owned and the fourth I've driven. It is such a great improvement over my 2006 Ex. The 2013 Lx has all the same features that I care about that were on my 2006 Ex. It has a very smooth, stable and quiet drive and handles easily. The rear camera is taking me a little while to get used to, but I see the necessity. The headrests on top of the front seats prevent a clear view out of the back window, especially for someone as short as I am -- 5'2-1/2". I have no problem with the braking quality.

Favorite Features

The stable, road hugging, smooth driving experience. The car handles very easily and is very responsive. The interior electronic features which are standard equipment. Value for price. I may have paid a little more than others, but I didn't want to drive all over the western suburbs of Chicago looking for a fantastic deal.

Suggested Improvements

I can't think of any. I got so much value for the price paid, and if my past experience with previous Civics is any indicator, I will spend no money on repairs other than normal maintenance.

By debbie91

2013 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have never received good fuel economy with this car. It has never given me what was advertised as 28 in the city and 39 on highway. It has never gone past 23 miles to the gallon. I am very disappointed in this cars fuel economy. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the car and it is now only 1 month old.

Favorite Features

Disappointed that it was not explained to me when I purchased the car that I could not get other satlite radio other than Pandora through an IPhone. What if I don't have one? I'm stuck.