Used 2013 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

so confused
By white_tea

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda product is generally, well, you know, hard to beat, right? I own this car now. I am so very disappointed. If they could remake the 1997 Honda Civic EX 5-speed with the Exact same materials they used back in 1997, that would make me very happy. Keep dreaming, right? I Miss the Old Cruise Control. The 2013 is OK, but the 1997 Cruise Control I liked much better. I Miss the Old Moon Roof on the 1997. This 2013 is not superior at all. The 1997 Moon Roof was superior because I could control the width and the placement of it was absolutely PERFECT. Not so on 2013 model. It's like I don't even have a moon roof, really.....

I like the comfort of that blinker that is temporary. Very smart... very smart.

I loathe automatic lights! I don't want them on all the time. Cannot get over the view on my Passenger side.... having a very hard time driving because All the Cars Are Driving Into Me on my passenger side. that really bothers me. I do not like the wipers that automaticlly wipe. I want to control them when I need the water.

Love my EXL
By daytonamichael

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 CRV EX with leather, it had 111,00 miles on it and the extedned warrany was up. My salesmen was in the service department I had ot leave the CRV overnight for a warranty repair. He called me the next day with a great deal and I could not pass it up at all. Its a 2013 Civic EXL brand new it was a left over from the model year.

My favorite are the backup camera, two tier display unit, handsfree bluetooth. Heated leather seats indeed. I am also getting over 32 mpg. Love the ecno button.

There is nothing I would not change about this car I love it in black with the fog lights, and the painted wheels.

Good performer but very uncomfortable
By sarita3

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Civic and it is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. The headrest forces he to jut my head forward and the seat to curl my back. When I brake, no matter how gently, I and my passenger slide forward in the seats. I have long legs and the steering wheel will not telescope out far enough so I drive with your arms stretched out. Even though I have the EX-L with the power seat adjustments, I have yet to find a comfortable driving position. The seat is narrow and I am spilling over the side of it even though I am a size 6, I have to tighten my abs to stay in the seat around corners. On the plus side, the car is powerful, the handling is good, the mileage is excellent.

Power, handling, reliability.

Extremely uncomfortable seating and driving position.

Honda Civic rules!!!!!
By yankeeguy7

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am not sure why all the negative reviews on the 2013 Civic, I love my new Civic EX!!! I especially love the 2 level speedo because I keep my steering wheel low so the high mount speedo actually works great for me. And to the people that complained about lack of power, quality of interior, etc, SHAME on you for not noticing during your test drive!!!!! The Civic is not a perfect car, but it suits me perfectly!!!

2 level dash, sunroof, rear-view camera, blue tooth.

the ride could be improved with better OEM tires.

Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

Butter smooth manual transmission, intuitive steering wheel controls, Bluetooth streaming and hands free speakerphone, auto-off lights inside and out to save the battery, interior design very upscale, trunk release on key fob, backup camera, sunroof, heated sets, nice alloy wheels, motor is more responsive than 2011 model I traded in, fuel economy consistently fantastic no matter how you drive.

The seat fabric looks cheap, even though it gets the job done very well; climate control system too complicated and always seems to be either too hot or too cold; change tray and covered cup holders should have been kept from 2006-2011 model, because they functioned perfectly and were aesthetically pleasing. That's it.