2013 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car can be better
By specialist4 on 04/25/13 10:52 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Honda did a great job on this Civic. They fixed the inadequatcies that Consumer Reports pointed out. Fit and quality excellent. For those that feel the ride noisy, upgrade to the EX. The noise is from the cheaper tires on the LX. This is true with all the Honda line up. Blue tooth works great, navi and radio excellent. Good ride quality, 36-38 MPG HW at 65-75 mph. Overall 29-31 mpg, even with my wife driving...she only know to accelerate or brake..nothing inbetween. 4 wheel disc brakes stop the car very quickly compare to disc/drum combo. I've heard some complaints about the seats, I find them very comfortable. The Hyundi elantra has 2 big blind spots, Honda does not.

Really glad I purchased this!
By aurora86 on 04/21/13 17:03 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I really enjoy this car. It's definitely saved me on gas with the econ feature. My old Elantra '01 would use up a full tank a week to get to work, with my Civic using econ I use 1/2 a tank a week. Only thing with econ is it drives a little slow going up hills and such, but that should be obvious because that's how it works. You can't hit the gas and take off, but I'm fine with that! I drove it in the horrible road conditions from our last snow storm and while it was very bumpy from the poor plowing, I may have slid once or twice, where as other cars I watched were all over the road. Some of the blind spots could take a while to adjust to.

Honda Civic 2013 EX-L
By mcuyafx on 04/20/13 18:21 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had the car for over a month now so I think I can write a fair review. I considered the Corolla, the Mazda 3, and Nissan Sentra and while I liked the colors available in all of those, I felt more comfortable driving a Civic. My old 2003 Civic was great and this is awesome! Bluetooth, spacious room for a 5'5 male. The car is just fun to drive and gives great MPG. It's quiet and climate control is great. I didn't like the wheels at first but I love the sporty look on them now. Trunk space is limited but spacious enough for groceries, sporting equipment, and the crap I carry around. Dealer wanted to sell me multiple warranties, my response.."It's a Honda!" I know it will start in the a.m.

Noteworthy improvements and a great daily driver
By eldaino12 on 03/12/13 10:32 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The compact market doesnt have 2 or 3 clear cut winners anymore. Honda underestimated this when they designed the 2012 civic (which my wife owns). For someone like her, who just wants something that is painless to own and operate, and gets good mpg, its a great car. But for me, the improvements on the 2013 are a little more than subtle. the biggest and most obvious ones are with the new standard features and the interior quality. I never had a quiet honda until now. Its quieter than my buddies 2012 focus, which is something i'd never thought id be able to say. gotten nothing but compliments and it feels very germanic..more like my old golf than my previous civics

Battery drain problem?
By htnj1 on 02/13/13 12:34 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Love the interior and exterior quality. New civic has a comfortable ride and very good fuel efficiency. Also like the fact that bluetooth and rear view camera are standard on all 2013 Civics. However, in the second week after buying the car I didn't drive it for another week and the car wouldn't start. Turns out the battery was dead due to cold weather (around 10-20 deg F) After jump start everything was ok but for a new car this is quite unexpected. Will have to watch it going forward how it behaves....

Better than the 2012, but .......
By drjc3 on 02/12/13 19:17 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I like the car overall, but I'm still having a hard time getting past the cheap honeycomb grill & the too black alloy wheels. I didn't realize when I bought the car 3 weeks ago that the radiator is as visual as the grill itself. The interior noise/engine are improved & the overall handling is very good. I wish I could get past the toys-for-us grill!

i would stay away from honda at least CIVIC
By juanc_15 on 01/26/13 01:08 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i purchased a 2013 civic on december 2 2012 two weeks after i started hearing a "thunk" sound from the gasoline tank and the gasoline sloshing in the gasoline tank, the thunk is really aparent when i brake and the car stops i took it to honda and they say its normal, its a really anoying sound u can hear and feel the "thunk" the dealer FREEWAY HONDA in santa ana california no help at all,(stay away from this dealer) that means im going to have to live with that noise untill im able to trade the car in for a different brand with out taking any lo$s, the dealer doesnt even answer my emails now it seems that HONDAs quality is going down Buyer Be WARE!!!!!!!

Ford Focus may have the hatchback, but Civic has overall better value
By drivefun on 01/23/13 22:55 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I test driven the 2013's Elantra GT, Mazda CX-5, Focus SE hatchback (hb) and Civic Ex. It finally came down to the wire between the Focus and Civic.... I thought over the need of a hb, and seemed compelling at first, I don't recall needing to haul a lot of stuff last several years, and if I did I rented a van a couple of times from Home Depot. Next, the hb looks nice, but reduces the rear viewing area. Overall, I felt the Civic has improved significantly. MPG, long term cost of ownership, features and styling matters to me. The 2013 Civic nails them in pretty well. I'm giving it a 4 star on value, since it now cost a little more after Ford's recent $2,500 factory incentive.

uncomfortable seats
By derekleeo on 01/14/13 02:55 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It took a few days to realize how uncomfortable the front seats are in this car. I tried to trade it back in, and was told I would take a $3k loss. They also wanted me to pay full sticker on the new car. I would not recomend Ocean Honda of New Port Richey(Florida). I chose this car for the reliability and mpg. If it wasn't for the seat, I would love this car.

Well Done Honda!
By deanwesterburg on 12/17/12 20:35 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I was looking for the most luxurious car with NAV that I could find for $25k or less. None of the other manufactures came close in features and quality. The interior quality is amazing at any cost level. The heated seats work great and the ride is very comfortable. The Bluetooth streaming works well. The steering is perfect. The acceleration is a little weak, but the MPG is great. To top off all the creature comforts, I am averaging 39.4 MPG (a lot of that is highway). I couldn't be happier. If you're looking for a sporty and fast car, look else ware. If your looking for a comfortable ride with lots of quality features at a low cost and great gas milage, this is the car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$152 per month*