2013 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews 2

2013 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Exactly the car I wanted
By fronteeer on 10/22/13 16:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my 2011 Civic, I'd test driven the 2012 and loved the way it drove but hated how cheap, plain and conservative the car had become, focusing on fuel economy above all else. So I bought the 2011 even though I found the transmission to be really unforgiving, because it was a much better made and more attractive car. The 2013 I just bought is a perfect compromise. Great transmission, sufficient power, excellent fuel economy, superb interior and exterior styling and quality. I don't like the seat fabric much, but the nylon mesh and faux suede seats in my 2011 were uncommonly high-end for this class of car. The 2013 Civic is a sincere apology for the poorly-executed 2012.

By debbie91 on 09/24/13 16:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have never received good fuel economy with this car. It has never given me what was advertised as 28 in the city and 39 on highway. It has never gone past 23 miles to the gallon. I am very disappointed in this cars fuel economy. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the car and it is now only 1 month old.

Amazingly thrifty on gas
By stringed on 08/28/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2013 Civic coupe with automatic transmission for my wife last week. On a lark, I wanted to see how much mileage I could squeeze out of this car using the lightest foot possible. I needed to drive to the airport - a nearly 50 mile round trip. On the trip there, I drove with no AC at speeds between 60 and 70. The on board mileage computer registered 53 mpg! There is a minor downhill bias since I live a few hundred feet above sea level and the airport is near sea level. On the trip back, I decided to use the AC. When I arrived home, the MPG computer for the total trip read 43 MPG. That's close to a hybrid's MPG! I am delighted with this car!

Third time charmer
By cybertrooth on 07/25/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L PZEV 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is our third Civic LX in a row, which kind of says it right there. I only bought this one because I promised our '07 to my college-age son. Not as zippy as the '07 with Econ button pressed, but I did get 41.7 mpg on the first road trip. Ride is also quieter and smoother than before. And one annoyance fixed: The driver's side floor mat has EZ-twist buttons for removal instead of those frustrating hooks! I've rented just about every other small car, including a Corolla in '10, but the Civic remains the gold standard of its class.

3 days in and loving it!
By cbadca on 07/11/13 13:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just leased a 2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX, and so far I'm loving it! Now, to be fair, I upgraded from a 2000 Ford Focus LX with manual everything, so being enthusiastic about a new car wasn't a very tall order. I probably would have been just as happy with a new Yugo if there still was such a thing. But overall, I love the body style and interior design of the Coupe EX. The dash is laid out very well and all the controls are within easy reach. The ONLY potential downside I see is the quality of the cloth seats...I'm just not sure how long that fabric is going to keep looking good. Handles very well, and is a nice smooth, quiet ride. Pretty good stereo system too with the 7 speakers.

Great Mileage, but feels cheap
By ms568 on 05/18/13 13:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the manual because I did not like how bad shifting felt in automatic. Pros: mileage is insanely good - averaging about 37 combined with 75% highway and 25% around town (I drive pretty conservatively, highway is cruise control with econ button on). Safety - was rear ended, not injured, car held up fine. Fairly quiet and comfortable - good space for a smaller car. Cons: It was relatively cheap and it feels cheap. I had a VW golf before this and it felt like a tank in comparison (mileage sucked). The paint already has a chip after one month. And there is a sloshing sound that comes from the gas tank that is really noticeable if you have the radio off.

1,500 miles so far
By 858smith on 05/12/13 20:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 12 days, & I've got 1,500 miles on it. I love it so much so far, but I can't really speak truthfully about its reliability b/c I haven't had any problems w/ it since I haven't had it for very long at all. I drive about 75% highway & 25% city, & I have an average of 36.75 MPG.

Good Value
By agedsage on 04/30/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L PZEV 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This sedan has enough hi-tech features to wow. Interior is comfortable but feels confined (I replaced a 2008 Camry hybrid) but reasonably comfortable for medium distance trips. I only have the car for two weeks and filled the tanks twice. In town I was averaging 23-24 mpg. I took a 10-hour round trip mostly at 55-60 mph I was getting close to 39-40 mpg. On acceleration the car has a tendency to be jerky if the gas pedal is released. After driving the round trip for close to 9 hrs my back started to get stiff. A lower back support may be the next item I should try. The trunk is small but acceptable; it could accommodate 2 sets of golf clubs with room for overnight luggage.

Nice to own a honda again...
By gutzzz13 on 01/21/13 18:24 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

'10 Jetta lease was up. I dislike the styling of the new Jettas so I went in for a '13 Accord Sport and left with a '13 Civic LX. Both great cars but I enjoyed the handling and overall feel of the Civic a bit more. I now prefer the Civic dashboard over a typical one (surprisingly). I also own a '12 Subaru Impreza which seems a lot zippier to 40mph but it's also not nearly as quite (loud CVT and road noise) which for a daily commute of 120 miles is very important. My daily commute broken down is 40 miles city and 80 miles highway. I average 37mpg not using ECO but I use cruise control often. Over 400 miles per tank. I get compliments from my co-workers for what it is...a nice compact car.