2013 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Amazingly thrifty on gas
By stringed on 08/28/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2013 Civic coupe with automatic transmission for my wife last week. On a lark, I wanted to see how much mileage I could squeeze out of this car using the lightest foot possible. I needed to drive to the airport - a nearly 50 mile round trip. On the trip there, I drove with no AC at speeds between 60 and 70. The on board mileage computer registered 53 mpg! There is a minor downhill bias since I live a few hundred feet above sea level and the airport is near sea level. On the trip back, I decided to use the AC. When I arrived home, the MPG computer for the total trip read 43 MPG. That's close to a hybrid's MPG! I am delighted with this car!

Third time charmer
By cybertrooth on 07/25/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L PZEV 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is our third Civic LX in a row, which kind of says it right there. I only bought this one because I promised our '07 to my college-age son. Not as zippy as the '07 with Econ button pressed, but I did get 41.7 mpg on the first road trip. Ride is also quieter and smoother than before. And one annoyance fixed: The driver's side floor mat has EZ-twist buttons for removal instead of those frustrating hooks! I've rented just about every other small car, including a Corolla in '10, but the Civic remains the gold standard of its class.

3 days in and loving it!
By cbadca on 07/11/13 13:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just leased a 2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX, and so far I'm loving it! Now, to be fair, I upgraded from a 2000 Ford Focus LX with manual everything, so being enthusiastic about a new car wasn't a very tall order. I probably would have been just as happy with a new Yugo if there still was such a thing. But overall, I love the body style and interior design of the Coupe EX. The dash is laid out very well and all the controls are within easy reach. The ONLY potential downside I see is the quality of the cloth seats...I'm just not sure how long that fabric is going to keep looking good. Handles very well, and is a nice smooth, quiet ride. Pretty good stereo system too with the 7 speakers.

Great Mileage, but feels cheap
By ms568 on 05/18/13 13:08 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the manual because I did not like how bad shifting felt in automatic. Pros: mileage is insanely good - averaging about 37 combined with 75% highway and 25% around town (I drive pretty conservatively, highway is cruise control with econ button on). Safety - was rear ended, not injured, car held up fine. Fairly quiet and comfortable - good space for a smaller car. Cons: It was relatively cheap and it feels cheap. I had a VW golf before this and it felt like a tank in comparison (mileage sucked). The paint already has a chip after one month. And there is a sloshing sound that comes from the gas tank that is really noticeable if you have the radio off.

1,500 miles so far
By 858smith on 05/12/13 20:49 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car for 12 days, & I've got 1,500 miles on it. I love it so much so far, but I can't really speak truthfully about its reliability b/c I haven't had any problems w/ it since I haven't had it for very long at all. I drive about 75% highway & 25% city, & I have an average of 36.75 MPG.

Good Value
By agedsage on 04/30/13 13:45 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L PZEV 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This sedan has enough hi-tech features to wow. Interior is comfortable but feels confined (I replaced a 2008 Camry hybrid) but reasonably comfortable for medium distance trips. I only have the car for two weeks and filled the tanks twice. In town I was averaging 23-24 mpg. I took a 10-hour round trip mostly at 55-60 mph I was getting close to 39-40 mpg. On acceleration the car has a tendency to be jerky if the gas pedal is released. After driving the round trip for close to 9 hrs my back started to get stiff. A lower back support may be the next item I should try. The trunk is small but acceptable; it could accommodate 2 sets of golf clubs with room for overnight luggage.

Nice to own a honda again...
By gutzzz13 on 01/21/13 18:24 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

'10 Jetta lease was up. I dislike the styling of the new Jettas so I went in for a '13 Accord Sport and left with a '13 Civic LX. Both great cars but I enjoyed the handling and overall feel of the Civic a bit more. I now prefer the Civic dashboard over a typical one (surprisingly). I also own a '12 Subaru Impreza which seems a lot zippier to 40mph but it's also not nearly as quite (loud CVT and road noise) which for a daily commute of 120 miles is very important. My daily commute broken down is 40 miles city and 80 miles highway. I average 37mpg not using ECO but I use cruise control often. Over 400 miles per tank. I get compliments from my co-workers for what it is...a nice compact car.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$158 per month*