Used 2013 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

my 2nd civic coupe ex (after 8 months/6k miles now)
By thwipp89

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i had a '03 civic ex with 131k miles and for 10 yrs, it was nearly perfect. in its 11th year it was showing its age just a little. i think i got spoiled at not having to put money into it, outside of regular maintenance. anyway, i figured almost 11 yrs was a pretty good run and honda had 0.9% for *60* months, which is rare for honda. also, the 2013 got really good reviews as a bounce back from a semi-disappointing 2012 model. the comfort of the seats (tho i've read some complaints) and the road noise is MUCH improved from my '03 model, aswell, imo. the technology made a big jump, too. i hope the reliability continues. my former civic was the best car i've owned, BY FAR.

the technology advances (bluetooth, ipod sync, mpg/oil/tire inflation monitoring, etc), improved road noise/soundproofing and seat comfort, the rear camera, moonroof, wiper blades (up and out, not side to side), value/reliability, econ button (except when you need quick acceleration). i probably won't need an oil change til 9k miles! the oil life goes down about 10% every 1k miles and they tell you get it changed around 15% oil life left. impressive!

push button start (which the 2014 has), better acceleration with the econ button- when you need decent pick up, like merging onto a highway or busy street, i need to disengage the econ button because it's too much of a dog with it on. the trunk could be a tad bigger. the side mirrors on my '03 were more connected to the car, which i prefer. initially, i was a little disappointed in the MPG. we had a brutal chicago winter & i was only getting about 28 mpg combined. since the weather has warmed (and maybe the engine has broken in a bit), i'm averaging 32+ mpg, which is more acceptable. i haven't had any long road trips to get a good measure of highway mpg. my '03 got 39+ shortly before in.

Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

Butter smooth manual transmission, intuitive steering wheel controls, Bluetooth streaming and hands free speakerphone, auto-off lights inside and out to save the battery, interior design very upscale, trunk release on key fob, backup camera, sunroof, heated sets, nice alloy wheels, motor is more responsive than 2011 model I traded in, fuel economy consistently fantastic no matter how you drive.

The seat fabric looks cheap, even though it gets the job done very well; climate control system too complicated and always seems to be either too hot or too cold; change tray and covered cup holders should have been kept from 2006-2011 model, because they functioned perfectly and were aesthetically pleasing. That's it.

Beautiful but disappointing
By ter12

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful. Do not get 40 MPG hwy as was told by dealer. Does not handle well in snow. Good fast heater. Visors are lower quality than my 2008 same model. Also center armrest in back seat is narrower. Car hesitates when turned on. Also hesitates when accelerated from a dead stop. My 2008 just went. This car drags. 2008 more peppy and more fun to drive. Same model

Bluetooth, Backup camera. Color, love the color

Fix the MPG problem, and the hesitation on start up. If can't be fixed, I won't keep car long. I like the peppy ride of my 2008. When I was told that the car would get up to 40 MPG when echo , that sold the car to me. But it doesn't. I get 26 -27 on hwy.

Good value horrible ride
By jac2007

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, love the test drive. I now regret the purchase. I have NEVER experience such an uncomfortable ride. It hurts to drive the care, Im now debating to lose $2K and trade the car in for something else. I was a true Honda fan, I have owned Honda vehicles for over 20 years. I'm very disappointed "Honda you should be ashamed".

dashboard

Better Seats

Beautiful Car
By allentx

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

2013 Civic is a Beautiful vehicle.

A very comfortable, smooth. Good job on driver seat adjusting. Grrreat job on road noise reduction. Very pretty car from rear view. Nice bright headlights. Great technology.

lower rear windshield. passenger key hole. trunk key hole. bring back a temp gauge. one-level/straight dash board. get rid of econ/cabin filter/digital odometer. View total miles driven & trip at same time. Find the little person icon on the AC button to choose desired setting can take my eyes off the road. Move center AC vents. Inferior sun visors. I do find xterior paint weak. Prefer junk/coin holder under hand brake, larger pockets on doors. Hood design/get rid of sensors/deep level. Too many areas in front grille/pointy edges/steel edging. Take away honeycomb stuff in rear/underneath bumper. Tends to Rattle inside Far too much on bumpy road conditions