Used 2013 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Awesome Honda
By Paul Hightower

No problems
By Pyrofan300@yahoo.com

2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I see all these reviews about the 13 civic with bad gas mileage or locking problems or the steerinv wheel is rubbing ect ect. Ive put 22,000 miles on mine in the last year and I TAKE CARE OF IT. Ive had 0 problems. I change the oil(synthetic) and i drive. Gas mileage is 40 ish highway and 32 ish in town. I drive it hard and have had no problems. 50,000 miles on it now

Great caR
By Debra Zimmerman

2013 Honda Civic Sedan EX PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Sunroof is worth going to EX. Uphill acceleration not good but bad using eco setting. Eco setting very worth it. Easy to use cruise control

Lock actuator
By Miguel V

2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2013 Honda Civic new. It's a good car, the only proble that I have is the lock actuator. I all ready replace all 4. Does any body have the same probles with the look actuators?

1st Honda, a bit of a disappointment
By Paul H

2013 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my civic after quite a few Nissans and Toyotas, wanted a Toyota but could not get a stripped down Corolla with a manual transmission. My Civic started out good, but like other reviews the paint chips off quickly, after 2-1/2 years it looks like my Black Corolla did after about 8 years. I'm on my third battery, I think there are plenty of reviews on here and the web about issues with batteries that the dealers just deny any issue, they run a load test on a known dead battery at the dealer and replace under warranty so I guess I am stuck buying a new battery every 8-10 months, and I drive 40 miles a day minimum. The car has developed numerous rattles that my Toyotas never had and a nice knocking sound out of the right rear strut, my Nissans had plenty of rattles and knocks but they were cheap. My brakes have developed a heavier pulsation and fade that the dealer says is normal, finding a good Honda dealer for service has been a challenge, I have found one but it's a drive but they at least try to fix my problems. My steering wheel has rubbed and made a grinding sound since I got it, things have been replaced but it comes back after a few months so hopefully it doesn't end up being something that gets worse and causes an accident, the dealers don't seem to be to bothered they just tell me it should be fine until the warranty runs out. All in all the car is good out of the dealership but I'm not sure it is going to hold up over time, I feel like a bought a VW, my car has been in the dealership more than my 10 year old Corolla in only 2-1/2 years. This may be the first car I get rid of, before it goes out of warranty, but I wanted a Civic and I liked the look of the car, I was planning to get an SI or an accord but I think I will look elsewhere for my next car. The 2012 received some bad reviews and I should have known better than to believe it was all related to the design of the car, I think Honda just doesn't build their cars like they used to and from my viewpoint they don't back them up very well through their dealerships either. One last thing, the fuel economy is all lies, the best I have got on mine is 33 highway, this car needs a 6th gear for a manual transmission, and my 27 mpg is real world driving in Southern California where you accelerate from one light to the next and idle for 45 seconds at each light.