Used 2013 Honda Civic Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Civic Hybrid

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

bad reliability!!!
By buddhaphantom

2013 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I leased the 2013 honda civic hybrid in this April, but since the purchase, I had my taken into the sealer's service department so many times on the brake and the forward collision alert, they said that nothing were wrong with the systems. But last month, warning lights came on related to the brakes and the IMA systems, then they had to fix them. I felt a little light braking feeling after the repair, but today I found out that the initial stiff braking came back, I will have to take the car to the dealer again if its warning comes out soon. the other problem is that I will have to smash my car into any front running car to get a forward collision alert. This is not a safe-guard measure

Favorite Features

taken by the Honda. Otherwise the car runs all right except an uneasy-felt head rest.

New Hybrid runs well but head restraints are a pain
By new2bie

2013 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just purchased a new 2013 Civic Hybrid. The vehicle only has 500 miles on it so far, so there isn't much to tell yet. Averaging 44.5 mpg, which is a little less than my 2003 model, but definitely acceptable. Color is supposed to be green opal metallic, but it just looks blue to me. I'm a little unsure of all the electronics on the new model. In general, our electronic gadgets only last a couple of years, and I expect to drive this car for much longer than that. I'm concerned that Electronic components in a vehicle can be VERY expensive to replace.

Favorite Features

There are a LOT of new standard features on the 2013 that make my 2003 version look like a model T by comparison. I think I'm going to like the rear view camera and the automatic setting for the headlights. I'm not I need or will use all the new bells and whistles like Blue Tooth and the USB ports, though. I added seat heaters because they didn't come standard on the model I wanted. I'm not sure what to make of the pump in the trunk supplied to re-inflate a flat instead of offering a spare tire.

Suggested Improvements

I rated comfort and fun to drive 1 because I find the front headrests in my new Hybrid excruciatingly uncomfortable. To me, they are reminiscent of the very worst airline seats that force one’s head forward into a position that inevitably leads to a very stiff neck. The angle of the metal supports require that the seat be reclined several positions to counteract the awkward thrust of the head restraint. Since I prefer to sit fairly upright as I drive, the current front seat headrest design does not work for me. If a more humane, non-angled front seat head restraint were offered, I'd buy it immediately. I hope others will suggest this, too, so that Honda will offer one.

Amazing car
By bjjj

2013 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid PZEV w/Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I recently bought my wife a 2013 civic hybrid for Mother's Day and we are really happy with this car. We've had several hondas so we new what to expect. This car is super quiet and the engine has more power than my previous civic hybrid. (I had a 08 civic hybrid ). I traded in my honda Insight wich I did like it ainsight lot too but the new civic has more features.

Favorite Features

Dashboard, lane departure, warning coalition forward, navigation

Happy with my 13 HCH!!!!!!
By coppercuckoo

2013 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid PZEV w/Leather, Navigation 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I got the Green Opal one 2 weeks ago. I now have about 500 miles on the car, and it came with 106. It was the only one available in the Tri-state area that was equipped as I wanted! It drives so nice and smoothly and I enjoy the great technology upgrade from the 2005 I sold in order to get this car. The Winter mpg change from the 2005 HCH to the new one, is pretty significant. I was told to keep the Econ button on all of the time to get the best mileage. If you are expecting a Green car, you will be surprised by the color changes the metallic paint makes. There are times the car looks light blue, blue/green. and an almost sea foam green. This is all dependent on the lighting!

Favorite Features

I love that you can answer the cell phone from the steering wheel button. The lights are set on automatic, so they come on when needed. The leather seats are so comfortable. I can raise my driver's seat so I can see over the dashboard and cockpit. They have diagnostic tools, so you can check how you oil or tire pressure are doing. The care lets you know if you waver from your lane, are about to crash into something, guides you backing up. All you have to do is drive and enjoy! The car is quite stylish and nice to look at. Oh yes, I even can keep the cabin at exactly the temperature I feel comfortable with! I didn't mention the heated seats and the heated outside mirrors.

Suggested Improvements

I just wish the wipers were like my old HCH, instead of wiping like van wipers or the Chevy Lumina wipers. I also wish the lane departure warning would not go off when I am centered in my lane. I can't find anything major to improve!