2013 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Not perfect, but hoping for reliability
By phillyted on 08/19/14 13:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this Honda for one reason and one reason only: reliability. So In one year I have manged to clock 28,000 miles and have done nothing to the car outside of normal maintenance, which is great. I have been able to achieve 50 mpg with careful, skilled driving on a one off, fluke of a drive. I can routinely obtain 42 mpg with respectable driving and 33-35 mpg with a heavy foot. The brakes are not the best as I have locked them up a few times without noticing the ABS pulse from the pedal. Also, there is a blind spot from the roof pillar between the windshield and left door that is very annoying on mountain roads. Altogether, a good car and I'm happy I bought it.

my 2nd civic coupe ex (after 8 months/6k miles now)
By thwipp89 on 07/04/14 02:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i had a '03 civic ex with 131k miles and for 10 yrs, it was nearly perfect. in its 11th year it was showing its age just a little. i think i got spoiled at not having to put money into it, outside of regular maintenance. anyway, i figured almost 11 yrs was a pretty good run and honda had 0.9% for *60* months, which is rare for honda. also, the 2013 got really good reviews as a bounce back from a semi-disappointing 2012 model. the comfort of the seats (tho i've read some complaints) and the road noise is MUCH improved from my '03 model, aswell, imo. the technology made a big jump, too. i hope the reliability continues. my former civic was the best car i've owned, BY FAR.

Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer on 02/05/14 20:17 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

Beautiful but disappointing
By ter12 on 12/31/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful. Do not get 40 MPG hwy as was told by dealer. Does not handle well in snow. Good fast heater. Visors are lower quality than my 2008 same model. Also center armrest in back seat is narrower. Car hesitates when turned on. Also hesitates when accelerated from a dead stop. My 2008 just went. This car drags. 2008 more peppy and more fun to drive. Same model

Good value horrible ride
By jac2007 on 12/09/13 18:00 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, love the test drive. I now regret the purchase. I have NEVER experience such an uncomfortable ride. It hurts to drive the care, Im now debating to lose $2K and trade the car in for something else. I was a true Honda fan, I have owned Honda vehicles for over 20 years. I'm very disappointed "Honda you should be ashamed".

Beautiful Car
By allentx on 12/09/13 14:39 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

2013 Civic is a Beautiful vehicle.

Nicely priced but question the factory MPG for CA
By wittay on 11/22/13 22:10 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Your review of the Honda Civic Ex sedan automatic mpg. It is false and so far presentation of the information is at best misleading in the state of California. I have almost 5,000 miles on a 2013 Honda Civic EX and I have yet to average 29 miles city and highway. I have used the car's on board computer which seems to inflate the actual mpg and then manual calculations of what I filled the tank in number of gallons to cross check. While like the civic my main reason for buying the gas only verse hybrid model was that the gas model was supposed to get 38 mpg. When I asked the Honda sales and service folks what was going on I was getting mixed messages. One, wait until the engine is broken in.

Exactly the car I wanted
By fronteeer on 10/22/13 16:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my 2011 Civic, I'd test driven the 2012 and loved the way it drove but hated how cheap, plain and conservative the car had become, focusing on fuel economy above all else. So I bought the 2011 even though I found the transmission to be really unforgiving, because it was a much better made and more attractive car. The 2013 I just bought is a perfect compromise. Great transmission, sufficient power, excellent fuel economy, superb interior and exterior styling and quality. I don't like the seat fabric much, but the nylon mesh and faux suede seats in my 2011 were uncommonly high-end for this class of car. The 2013 Civic is a sincere apology for the poorly-executed 2012.

By debbie91 on 09/24/13 16:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have never received good fuel economy with this car. It has never given me what was advertised as 28 in the city and 39 on highway. It has never gone past 23 miles to the gallon. I am very disappointed in this cars fuel economy. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the car and it is now only 1 month old.

Amazingly thrifty on gas
By stringed on 08/28/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2013 Civic coupe with automatic transmission for my wife last week. On a lark, I wanted to see how much mileage I could squeeze out of this car using the lightest foot possible. I needed to drive to the airport - a nearly 50 mile round trip. On the trip there, I drove with no AC at speeds between 60 and 70. The on board mileage computer registered 53 mpg! There is a minor downhill bias since I live a few hundred feet above sea level and the airport is near sea level. On the trip back, I decided to use the AC. When I arrived home, the MPG computer for the total trip read 43 MPG. That's close to a hybrid's MPG! I am delighted with this car!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$158 per month*