2013 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer on 02/05/14 20:17 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

Beautiful but disappointing
By ter12 on 12/31/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful. Do not get 40 MPG hwy as was told by dealer. Does not handle well in snow. Good fast heater. Visors are lower quality than my 2008 same model. Also center armrest in back seat is narrower. Car hesitates when turned on. Also hesitates when accelerated from a dead stop. My 2008 just went. This car drags. 2008 more peppy and more fun to drive. Same model

Good value horrible ride
By jac2007 on 12/09/13 18:00 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, love the test drive. I now regret the purchase. I have NEVER experience such an uncomfortable ride. It hurts to drive the care, Im now debating to lose $2K and trade the car in for something else. I was a true Honda fan, I have owned Honda vehicles for over 20 years. I'm very disappointed "Honda you should be ashamed".

Beautiful Car
By allentx on 12/09/13 14:39 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

2013 Civic is a Beautiful vehicle.

Nicely priced but question the factory MPG for CA
By wittay on 11/22/13 22:10 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Your review of the Honda Civic Ex sedan automatic mpg. It is false and so far presentation of the information is at best misleading in the state of California. I have almost 5,000 miles on a 2013 Honda Civic EX and I have yet to average 29 miles city and highway. I have used the car's on board computer which seems to inflate the actual mpg and then manual calculations of what I filled the tank in number of gallons to cross check. While like the civic my main reason for buying the gas only verse hybrid model was that the gas model was supposed to get 38 mpg. When I asked the Honda sales and service folks what was going on I was getting mixed messages. One, wait until the engine is broken in.

Exactly the car I wanted
By fronteeer on 10/22/13 16:36 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

When I bought my 2011 Civic, I'd test driven the 2012 and loved the way it drove but hated how cheap, plain and conservative the car had become, focusing on fuel economy above all else. So I bought the 2011 even though I found the transmission to be really unforgiving, because it was a much better made and more attractive car. The 2013 I just bought is a perfect compromise. Great transmission, sufficient power, excellent fuel economy, superb interior and exterior styling and quality. I don't like the seat fabric much, but the nylon mesh and faux suede seats in my 2011 were uncommonly high-end for this class of car. The 2013 Civic is a sincere apology for the poorly-executed 2012.

By debbie91 on 09/24/13 16:39 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have never received good fuel economy with this car. It has never given me what was advertised as 28 in the city and 39 on highway. It has never gone past 23 miles to the gallon. I am very disappointed in this cars fuel economy. I'm wondering if there is something wrong with the car and it is now only 1 month old.

Amazingly thrifty on gas
By stringed on 08/28/13 06:21 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just bought a 2013 Civic coupe with automatic transmission for my wife last week. On a lark, I wanted to see how much mileage I could squeeze out of this car using the lightest foot possible. I needed to drive to the airport - a nearly 50 mile round trip. On the trip there, I drove with no AC at speeds between 60 and 70. The on board mileage computer registered 53 mpg! There is a minor downhill bias since I live a few hundred feet above sea level and the airport is near sea level. On the trip back, I decided to use the AC. When I arrived home, the MPG computer for the total trip read 43 MPG. That's close to a hybrid's MPG! I am delighted with this car!

Third time charmer
By cybertrooth on 07/25/13 17:30 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L PZEV 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is our third Civic LX in a row, which kind of says it right there. I only bought this one because I promised our '07 to my college-age son. Not as zippy as the '07 with Econ button pressed, but I did get 41.7 mpg on the first road trip. Ride is also quieter and smoother than before. And one annoyance fixed: The driver's side floor mat has EZ-twist buttons for removal instead of those frustrating hooks! I've rented just about every other small car, including a Corolla in '10, but the Civic remains the gold standard of its class.

3 days in and loving it!
By cbadca on 07/11/13 13:25 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just leased a 2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX, and so far I'm loving it! Now, to be fair, I upgraded from a 2000 Ford Focus LX with manual everything, so being enthusiastic about a new car wasn't a very tall order. I probably would have been just as happy with a new Yugo if there still was such a thing. But overall, I love the body style and interior design of the Coupe EX. The dash is laid out very well and all the controls are within easy reach. The ONLY potential downside I see is the quality of the cloth seats...I'm just not sure how long that fabric is going to keep looking good. Handles very well, and is a nice smooth, quiet ride. Pretty good stereo system too with the 7 speakers.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.