2013 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews

2013 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Update after a Year...
By rick4924 on 02/12/15 09:18 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have now owned my 2013 Civic EX sedan for about a year. I initially had issues with seat comfort due to the aggressively tilted headrest but have fixed that by modifying it somewhat. I must say the car has performed flawlessly for the year I have owned it. It delivers a quiet, solid-feeling drive each day to work. Honda knows how to build a solid, easy to drive car unlike any other manufacturer. The "connected" feel of the driving experience is something only Honda really does well in this price range.

Great all around car
By horrowitz on 01/07/15 07:05 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car new in May of 2013. I now have 10k trouble free miles on it, only requiring two oil changes. The car starts, drives, and runs flawlessly. Gas mileage around town in the winter is not great, but highway mileage is excellent. Maneuvering and parking in NYC is a breeze in this car. Interior is comfortable, and instruments are well laid out. The stock tires are fine for spring/summer/fall driving, but leave much to be desired for winter driving in snow and ice. get a second set of wheels with dedicated winter tires and you will be fine. This has been/is a great car. It is comfortable, economical, and adequately powerful. I consider it a good buy.

Outstanding reliability, fun to drive.
By madmaxooohhh on 11/20/14 06:35 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great vehicle for a commuter car that is also fun to drive. It has decent styling and boring reliability. Has needed nothing for the year I have owned it so far, besides oil changes, and tire rotations every 5000 miles. I should have purchased a domestic car so I could learn how to fix them.

Great Car. Every day (and fill up) I love it more
By dmoneyman on 11/11/14 00:27 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this car because of a need for a reliable car and it has lived up to its expectation. Looks wise it's awesome. With its aerodynamic posture and sporty looks... Something you can't get with other brands. Coupe looks like it's own model. Interior wise it's a good mix with colors but what is most impressing is the dash and screen that displays a large amount of information. Performance wise it has enough power to pass and accelerate without you having to gun it. 140 hp and 39 mpg without a turbo? You thank it later down the road when you won't have to pay for repairs becauase the engine won't have added stress from a turbo. I love this car and plan to keep it for a very long time.

Not perfect, but hoping for reliability
By phillyted on 08/19/14 13:56 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought this Honda for one reason and one reason only: reliability. So In one year I have manged to clock 28,000 miles and have done nothing to the car outside of normal maintenance, which is great. I have been able to achieve 50 mpg with careful, skilled driving on a one off, fluke of a drive. I can routinely obtain 42 mpg with respectable driving and 33-35 mpg with a heavy foot. The brakes are not the best as I have locked them up a few times without noticing the ABS pulse from the pedal. Also, there is a blind spot from the roof pillar between the windshield and left door that is very annoying on mountain roads. Altogether, a good car and I'm happy I bought it.

my 2nd civic coupe ex (after 8 months/6k miles now)
By thwipp89 on 07/04/14 02:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i had a '03 civic ex with 131k miles and for 10 yrs, it was nearly perfect. in its 11th year it was showing its age just a little. i think i got spoiled at not having to put money into it, outside of regular maintenance. anyway, i figured almost 11 yrs was a pretty good run and honda had 0.9% for *60* months, which is rare for honda. also, the 2013 got really good reviews as a bounce back from a semi-disappointing 2012 model. the comfort of the seats (tho i've read some complaints) and the road noise is MUCH improved from my '03 model, aswell, imo. the technology made a big jump, too. i hope the reliability continues. my former civic was the best car i've owned, BY FAR.

Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer on 02/05/14 20:17 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

Beautiful but disappointing
By ter12 on 12/31/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful. Do not get 40 MPG hwy as was told by dealer. Does not handle well in snow. Good fast heater. Visors are lower quality than my 2008 same model. Also center armrest in back seat is narrower. Car hesitates when turned on. Also hesitates when accelerated from a dead stop. My 2008 just went. This car drags. 2008 more peppy and more fun to drive. Same model

Good value horrible ride
By jac2007 on 12/09/13 18:00 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great car, love the test drive. I now regret the purchase. I have NEVER experience such an uncomfortable ride. It hurts to drive the care, Im now debating to lose $2K and trade the car in for something else. I was a true Honda fan, I have owned Honda vehicles for over 20 years. I'm very disappointed "Honda you should be ashamed".

Beautiful Car
By allentx on 12/09/13 14:39 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

2013 Civic is a Beautiful vehicle.