2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car but test out the seat first
By rick4924 on 04/03/14 04:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got my Honda Civic EX about a month ago. The car is amazingly quiet and handles very well around town and out on the highway - very stable at highway speeds. The electronics are very easy to use and have sharp, bright graphics that make them a pleasure to use. The Bluetooth system easily synced with my iPhone 4s. The back up camera is great! The only negative is the driver's seat. I am 6-0, 180 lbs and it was extremely difficult to find a comfortable driving position. The front of the seat cushion puts pressure on my legs and is very uncomfortable. Pay attention to the seat feel when you test drive it.

Love the interior and exterior
By mbell144 on 03/31/14 12:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have never had a Honda Civic. I have and still have a 2004 Honda Accord EX which I gave to my daughter for college. So far I have been totally impressed with this car except for the pick up power. I have noticed the hesidancy in take off especially if you are on I-75 trying to go around a slow driver. Going uphill it loses speed if you are not in cruise control. When I test drove it, wish I had taken it on I-75. I am hoping like the 4 cylinder Camri that I had, this Honda will surprise me when I obtain more mileage on the car and have better pick up. Anyway I love the gas mileage!

so confused
By white_tea on 03/26/14 07:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda product is generally, well, you know, hard to beat, right? I own this car now. I am so very disappointed. If they could remake the 1997 Honda Civic EX 5-speed with the Exact same materials they used back in 1997, that would make me very happy. Keep dreaming, right? I Miss the Old Cruise Control. The 2013 is OK, but the 1997 Cruise Control I liked much better. I Miss the Old Moon Roof on the 1997. This 2013 is not superior at all. The 1997 Moon Roof was superior because I could control the width and the placement of it was absolutely PERFECT. Not so on 2013 model. It's like I don't even have a moon roof, really.....

Love my EXL
By daytonamichael on 03/25/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 CRV EX with leather, it had 111,00 miles on it and the extedned warrany was up. My salesmen was in the service department I had ot leave the CRV overnight for a warranty repair. He called me the next day with a great deal and I could not pass it up at all. Its a 2013 Civic EXL brand new it was a left over from the model year.

Good performer but very uncomfortable
By sarita3 on 03/21/14 15:12 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my fourth Civic and it is the most uncomfortable car I've ever owned. The headrest forces he to jut my head forward and the seat to curl my back. When I brake, no matter how gently, I and my passenger slide forward in the seats. I have long legs and the steering wheel will not telescope out far enough so I drive with your arms stretched out. Even though I have the EX-L with the power seat adjustments, I have yet to find a comfortable driving position. The seat is narrow and I am spilling over the side of it even though I am a size 6, I have to tighten my abs to stay in the seat around corners. On the plus side, the car is powerful, the handling is good, the mileage is excellent.

Honda Civic rules!!!!!
By yankeeguy7 on 02/15/14 19:50 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am not sure why all the negative reviews on the 2013 Civic, I love my new Civic EX!!! I especially love the 2 level speedo because I keep my steering wheel low so the high mount speedo actually works great for me. And to the people that complained about lack of power, quality of interior, etc, SHAME on you for not noticing during your test drive!!!!! The Civic is not a perfect car, but it suits me perfectly!!!

Another hit for Honda
By fronteeer on 02/05/14 20:17 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I rack up a lot of mileage and I have kids to shuttle around so I need a car to be 100% reliable and inexpensive to run. I also think dealer service is a waste of money and the only service I perform on my cars is an oil change and tire rotation at whichever quick-lube joint I happen to be driving by when the maintenance minder goes on. I could drive a Toyota, but talk about bland. Civics are the perfect blend of sporty and economical, have great driving manners, good build quality and are more than powerful enough to appeal to most drivers. The 2013 is no exception, not to mention it's so classy and well equipped you really wonder how long people are going to waste money buying luxury cars.

is perfect for me, except for some rattles
By white_tea on 01/03/14 08:44 AM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

the car performs excellent. I am hoping for the Honda reliability. So far, gas mileage is excellent. Interior ..... car is easy to navigate (viewing the i-MID system is ..... p e r f e c t .... when compared to others. It is clear, concise and simple. Well done! Bravo! So far, a perfect car except I cannot give five stars on interior design due to the rattling noises I experience in the area of the controls for the CD player, volume button and it really annoys me.

Great car for what it is; however......
By nojo317 on 01/01/14 12:43 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

There are some issues that make this not a 5-star car (for me). I purchased a new Civic EX-L in August 2013 after having driven a Mazda Tribute for 12 years. I admit to it being a huge change and adjustment. I have about 3,500 miles on it as of the date of this review. My main complaint is how it drives in wet/snowy conditions. It seems to have issues gripping the road, and even with just a dusting of snow on the road it spins it's tires when trying to move from a stopped position (no, I don't drive like Mario Andretti.) I have 30+ years experience driving in the snow and do not feel confident in this car's ability to navigate the roads during a midwest winter.

Beautiful but disappointing
By ter12 on 12/31/13 21:33 PM (PST)

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is beautiful. Do not get 40 MPG hwy as was told by dealer. Does not handle well in snow. Good fast heater. Visors are lower quality than my 2008 same model. Also center armrest in back seat is narrower. Car hesitates when turned on. Also hesitates when accelerated from a dead stop. My 2008 just went. This car drags. 2008 more peppy and more fun to drive. Same model

1 2 3 4 5 next »

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Civic in NJ is:

$241 per month*