2013 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
my 2nd civic coupe ex (after 8 months/6k miles now)
By thwipp89 on 07/04/14 02:34 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

i had a '03 civic ex with 131k miles and for 10 yrs, it was nearly perfect. in its 11th year it was showing its age just a little. i think i got spoiled at not having to put money into it, outside of regular maintenance. anyway, i figured almost 11 yrs was a pretty good run and honda had 0.9% for *60* months, which is rare for honda. also, the 2013 got really good reviews as a bounce back from a semi-disappointing 2012 model. the comfort of the seats (tho i've read some complaints) and the road noise is MUCH improved from my '03 model, aswell, imo. the technology made a big jump, too. i hope the reliability continues. my former civic was the best car i've owned, BY FAR.

Gets better...
By rick4924 on 06/27/14 05:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 2013 Civic EX Sedan now for over 6 months. I initially had trouble getting comfortable in the seat but now that I have adjusted the horribly forward-tilted headrest and found a seat height and steering wheel adjustment that works for me, I find the car comfortable for my daily commute. Other than that, the car is flawless so far and has that "Honda Feel" behind the wheel that only a Honda can provide in my experience - like its connected to you in someway and always seems to know what you want to do!

Not bad, not great.
By jackshelby on 06/18/14 02:12 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic LX PZEV 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Overall the car has performed its purpose and I am satisfied. There are a few things I am disappointed with, first being the paint. The car is black on black, and have had it almost 10 months and put on over 20,000 miles. The car looks like it has been through a sandblaster. My old car, a 1998 Honda civic, is in about the same condition but it took 14yrs of wear to get in that condition. Its pretty disappointing to have a car less than a year old look this bad. Second, the mileage is mediocre. Average 31 mpg highway, although I don't ever drive city so I don't know if it would stay the same or get worse. In Hondas defense, the highway speed is usually 75-80mph so that doesn't help.

Not what hoped for from a Honda
By thintz on 05/13/14 19:57 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought new for daughter. FIRST ONE- Had to pull transmission at 162 miles. Gave me a new one and many small items. Scratch in dash. Dimples on back side of steering wheel, right where you grab the wheel to turn it ( looks like poor molding/manufacturing). Have never had the day(s)where I was like...love the car due to too many items. Wish had cash back.

An Update to my 1st Review
By jessbarnett85 on 05/02/14 09:01 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2013 Honda Civic LX with a little over 10,000 miles on it now. Let me tell you, my average full economy in South Florida heat with use of Eco mode most of the time, is averaging between 30-31 per each tank. If I drive on long highway trips around 65pmg with ECO mode on, it averages around 44mpg, which is excellent! The only thing I don't like about ECO mode is that it is embarassingly slow off the line. While the A/C is slightly effected while in this mode, it doesn't seem weak, even with 89 degrees outside. It's a great car for the money. I wouldn't have done it any other way, just wish I had springed for the EX.

Awesome car, Honda san
By disbelief3 on 04/23/14 16:43 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I love my 13 Civic EX Sedan. Alabaster Silver/Black Cloth. Mudguards. Shopping bag hooks. I have been really impressed as have family and friends. I am glad I didn't get the leather seats, which take longer to cool than black cloth, and I love everything about this car. As the satisfied owner of a 5-speed 1989 Civic DX Hatchback, an automatic 03 Corolla CE, and a 2009 Corolla XLE, all I can say is, Wow. 22,000 miles and loving it.

Great car but test out the seat first
By rick4924 on 04/03/14 04:46 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I got my Honda Civic EX about a month ago. The car is amazingly quiet and handles very well around town and out on the highway - very stable at highway speeds. The electronics are very easy to use and have sharp, bright graphics that make them a pleasure to use. The Bluetooth system easily synced with my iPhone 4s. The back up camera is great! The only negative is the driver's seat. I am 6-0, 180 lbs and it was extremely difficult to find a comfortable driving position. The front of the seat cushion puts pressure on my legs and is very uncomfortable. Pay attention to the seat feel when you test drive it.

Love the interior and exterior
By mbell144 on 03/31/14 12:27 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have never had a Honda Civic. I have and still have a 2004 Honda Accord EX which I gave to my daughter for college. So far I have been totally impressed with this car except for the pick up power. I have noticed the hesidancy in take off especially if you are on I-75 trying to go around a slow driver. Going uphill it loses speed if you are not in cruise control. When I test drove it, wish I had taken it on I-75. I am hoping like the 4 cylinder Camri that I had, this Honda will surprise me when I obtain more mileage on the car and have better pick up. Anyway I love the gas mileage!

so confused
By white_tea on 03/26/14 07:22 AM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Honda product is generally, well, you know, hard to beat, right? I own this car now. I am so very disappointed. If they could remake the 1997 Honda Civic EX 5-speed with the Exact same materials they used back in 1997, that would make me very happy. Keep dreaming, right? I Miss the Old Cruise Control. The 2013 is OK, but the 1997 Cruise Control I liked much better. I Miss the Old Moon Roof on the 1997. This 2013 is not superior at all. The 1997 Moon Roof was superior because I could control the width and the placement of it was absolutely PERFECT. Not so on 2013 model. It's like I don't even have a moon roof, really.....

Love my EXL
By daytonamichael on 03/25/14 18:04 PM (PDT)

2013 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I had a 2007 CRV EX with leather, it had 111,00 miles on it and the extedned warrany was up. My salesmen was in the service department I had ot leave the CRV overnight for a warranty repair. He called me the next day with a great deal and I could not pass it up at all. Its a 2013 Civic EXL brand new it was a left over from the model year.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2013 Honda Civic in VA is:

$146 per month*