Upgrade from '97 DX
By civilguy1 on
2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
This is my second Honda Civic. I bought the first one in 96 which is now going to go to my son (he was in kindergarten when I bought it and is now 2nd year University student). I have had the car for only three days. So I cannot attest to its reliability and other long term performance.
Favorite Features
Technology has come a long way since I bought the fist Civic. I like the air filtration system that filters dust and pollen (I live in AZ so very important). The car is fun to drive and I like the steering wheel (some reviews I read didn't like the electronic steering). All the controls and displays are right in front of you without you having to take your eyes off the road. It is much roomier than my 97 Civic. It feels as if I am in an accord. You only notice the car is not that big when looking at it from outside. I drive mostly in the city. Turning on the Econ feature does not seem to diminish its performance.
Suggested Improvements
Cons: I wish the USB woked with my droid phone and not just iphone. I transferred all my music to a flash drive and that works too. The mirrors are situated in such a way that blocks a good chunk of the view. It is possible that I will get used to it and mirrors will become invisible after a while? I don't know, will see. Bluetooth should have been included in the LX model since it really doesn't cost that much. No body is going to upgrade to EX just for the Bluetooth.
By civilguy1
on 08/27/11 09:11 AM (PDT)

I have been driving this car for 3 months now and already put 5k miles on it. As time goes by I am inclined to give this 5 stars for everything. Took it for road trip and visited several National Parks that took a week. It was a joy to drive this car. The comfort was pleasing. At one point on the highway, nearly avoided a pile up, thanks to safety features which are now standard. I know that my old car would not have come to a complete stop without swerving. I am happy with my choice and selection. I am even more glad that I waited a year to buy this model rather than the 2011 one.