Traded my 2008 Accord for the 2012 Civic
By misiu2 on
2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
The MPG is what they claim on the sticker but you have to have the econ mode on in order to achieve 30 in the city and about 40.5-41 on the highway. I have not tried to drive the Civic on the Off mode of the econ because I do live in Chicago and the gas prices…, well you can fill in the blank. So if you are looking for a gas savior and do not want a hybrid then get the 2012 Civic without a question. I do have a word of caution…if you are driving on the econ mode and you are on the highway, do Not expect acceleration or getting in front of a Camaro. The good thing about the econ mode is you can turn it off whenever you want to including when you’re driving.
Favorite Features
It’s been a full month since I have the 2012 Civic. Everyone that sits in my new Civic including all my family members is impressed. All of them love the interior, the leather heated seats, the dash, the whole enchilada as they say. And all say the same thing, "it is roomy." My personal favorite is the Navigation and all the extra stuff that comes with it, along with the Steering Wheel. The steering wheel is the best in its class for a compact car. It feels great, it feels sporty, it feels nimble. The engine and I’m not exaggerating, is very quiet for a Honda Civic; really there is no comparison to the previous Civics. Over all anyone who gets the new Generation Civic will love it.
Suggested Improvements
The only complaint I have is the rattles on the inside of the car. And it’s funny because one day their here the other day their gone. Nothing significant but you do notice them when you’re by yourself with the radio and the climate turned off. The fully loaded Civic with the Nav will run you about 24k so be prepared to pay; there is no negotiations so don’t even think about it…be prepared to pay full sticker price. I did however get from Honda .09% for 59 months and free oil changes and filters for 6 years or 100,000 miles. If you get the fully loaded Civic with the Nav. There is plenty to talk about and you will have fun driving it, especially if you live in an urban area like Chicago.