The Snooze Cruise
By newcivic2012 on
2012 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I've had this car now for a little over a 1000 miles and man do I have a lot to say about it - and not all good. The windshield and sloped hood make it almost impossible to gauge how close you are to something and makes it hard to park tightly. The '160 watt' radio is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! The controls for most of the components - awkwardly placed and an eye sore. The Bluetooth - a complete failure/hard to use (Mazda and Nissan system were much better - I know because I rented both). Traction/assisted steering/whatever the heck it's supposed to be - does little (in fact feels more responsive when it's off). What a joke! Really Civic? You got me at hello but now I a divorce.
Favorite Features
Very responsive under foot and does not feel under powered. The drive train is definitely the plus with this vehicle and feels superior to most of the other cars I test drove or rented. Econ button, gives you better mpg and if you have a heavy foot like me (no really it's a size 14 shoe), it actually makes it easier to keep the car at a steady speed without slowly creeping faster since it takes power away from the gas pedal. Very spacious inside and the EX model I bought has tilt and telescoping wheel - necessary if you're tall like me.
Suggested Improvements
Absolutely everything inside the car. All the controls, the Bluetooth the radio - kill it, burn it, just destroy it, send it into space, hide it in a missile silo, give to your most hated neighbor, make laptops out of it, make a coffee table out of it, feed it to a crocodile, put it in a Fiat, put it in a Smart Car, JUST GET RID OF IT! It's awful and painfully awful ............and I still bought this car over the competitors.
By madison77
on 05/19/12 21:37 PM (PDT)

Why would you buy this car if you don't like it? Especially if you knew what the interior looks like. It's not like someone forced you to buy it.