I have owned seven Civics: an 83 hatchback, a 91 DX sedan, a 95 hatchback, a 99 LX sedan, an 05 hybrid, an 07 EX coupe and now, my 12 EX Coupe.
I loved my 07, and I believe the 12 is an upgrade on the gen 8. What has improved? I like the softened lines, the road noise has decreased, and the A pillar blind spot has been eliminated by thinning the pillars.
Streaming music through Bluetooth from my iPhone is incredible. The quality of the Bluetooth is exceptional. I don't believe the dash is busy at all. The control buttons for the iMid on the steering wheel are intuitive and extremely ergonomic.
I have never had a problem with my Civics, and I expect the same from this one.
* most comfortable seats in small compacts
* ergonomic cockpit
* beautiful Polished Steel Metallic color
* fuel economy- superb without using ECO button
* same proven engine and transmission
* no over the top gimmicky exterior gimmicky design
* the Coupe fun factor
* three colored dash breaks up the "Picasso-esque" angles
*peace of mind driving a Civic with same engine/transmission as Gen 9
* tilt adjustable driver's seat
* heated seats standard in EX trim
* bigger storage area in door panels
* better quality plastic on door areas- scuffs easily
† Edmunds.com received the highest numerical score in the proprietary J.D. Power 2014 Third-Party Automotive Website Evaluation Study℠. Results based on responses from 3,381 responses, measuring 14 companies and measures third-party automotive website usefulness among new and used vehicle shoppers. Proprietary study results are based on experiences and perceptions of owners surveyed from January 2014. Your experiences may vary. Visit jdpower.com.