I have owned seven Civics: an 83 hatchback, a 91 DX sedan, a 95 hatchback, a 99 LX sedan, an 05 hybrid, an 07 EX coupe and now, my 12 EX Coupe.
I loved my 07, and I believe the 12 is an upgrade on the gen 8. What has improved? I like the softened lines, the road noise has decreased, and the A pillar blind spot has been eliminated by thinning the pillars.
Streaming music through Bluetooth from my iPhone is incredible. The quality of the Bluetooth is exceptional. I don't believe the dash is busy at all. The control buttons for the iMid on the steering wheel are intuitive and extremely ergonomic.
I have never had a problem with my Civics, and I expect the same from this one.
* most comfortable seats in small compacts
* ergonomic cockpit
* beautiful Polished Steel Metallic color
* fuel economy- superb without using ECO button
* same proven engine and transmission
* no over the top gimmicky exterior gimmicky design
* the Coupe fun factor
* three colored dash breaks up the "Picasso-esque" angles
*peace of mind driving a Civic with same engine/transmission as Gen 9
* tilt adjustable driver's seat
* heated seats standard in EX trim
* bigger storage area in door panels
* better quality plastic on door areas- scuffs easily