So far so good
By montrealcivic on
2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)
Been driving a Civic for years. This is my third consecutive new Civic. Previous models were the 98 and 05. Unfortunately this model has impressed me less than the 05. I am 5 foot 11 and often hit my head getting out of the car. They seem to have decreased the cavity opening by 1-2 inches. The carpeting is not really carpet - more akin to a dish scrub brush. This was easily fixed by adding the rubber mats with the protection package. The dash is one huge mass of not so pretty plastic. The plastic on the prior models at least resembled the texture of leather. I find visibility reduced with the long window frame pillars. The good points help reduce the negatives however.
Favorite Features
Good points: stereo, bluetooth and USD port. Trunkspace is still respectable. Lots of airbags including the addition of side curtains. Traction control is excellent. Rear drums are a must in Canada and this is the main reason I continue to buy the Civic and not a higher level model. Clutch is smooth and there is very little engine noise in the cabin. Side mirrors are heated and huge - like that. Steering wheel controls are lovely. Exterior styling is acceptable but I find it not as appealing as the 2011 model - maybe I'll get used to it...
Suggested Improvements
Interior, interior, interior. I don't know what happened here. Fabric and carpet options are not pretty at all. Dash is huge and needs better finishing. Makes the car look cheap IMO. There is a wee bit of wind noise around the doors.