Smart Purchase
By cathy51 on
2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I have been looking for a while to a secondary car for our family that will be used mainly in town. I have test driven Corolla, Mazda 3, Elantra, Sentra, and Focus. I could not fall in love with any of them either due to comfort level, suspension issues, reliability, or re-sale value. Our primary car has always been Honda (our latest is a 2012 Accord LX) and my husband suggested that I consider the 2012 Civic. Though I drove a Civic few years ago, I was hesitant because of all the talks in the media about the new geneneration of the Civic. However, as I had nothing to lose, I went ahead and actually test drove the car both in town and on highway for 20 miles and was pleasantly surpised.
Favorite Features
The car drove very smoothly, stops in a sharp manner, is very roomy (even for my husband who is 6ft 4in), the seat cloth, and has lots of fun stuff. To this end, I made an immediate decision to buy the car and since then, I always enjoy all my trips. I am not sure why anyone would or could say anything negative about the car. The car is designed to be be sporty but in a conservative manner. For the people who brag about Elantra, and regardless of my discomfort in it, I only ask people to consider the re-sale value. The Civic is a great purchase from all sides. I am absolutely happy and ready to refute any bad claims about the 2012 Civic.
Suggested Improvements
The dashboard interior material is on the cheap side but all cars now are like that. At the end end of the day, if you treat your car with respect and care, it will always reciprocate the same to you.