Poorly Designed Lots of Rattles and Buzzes
By ielmike on
2012 Honda Civic HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I just bought a 2012 Civic and I can't enjoy it because there is a vibrating/rattling sound coming from the dash and it is driving me crazy. I took it in and the service department said there was no noise. Huh? My mechanic and I went for a ride and he said Honda is nuts and there is a problem with the assembly with loose screws and vibrating cables behind the dash. I wish I could enjoy it but I really can't. I am going to get rid of it and get a Toyota. I'll loose a lot of money but i can't stand that noise. I drove from Chicago to Grand Rapids and had terrible neck and should pain afterwards. I could deal with it if it weren't for that stupid noise.
Suggested Improvements
The interior is cheap and poorly assembled.
By eldaino2
on 03/13/12 12:57 PM (PDT)

@irritarix: they absolutely do not hold their value as well as civics too. more content for the money? yeah. better then they used to be? yeah. resale up to honda's level? keep dreaming.

By skydiamonds
on 02/11/12 20:03 PM (PST)

Yeah I agree. I KNOW my passenger seat rattles AND IT DRIVES ME NUTS. I am seriously considering trading this in to the 2012 CR-V but then again it's all personal preference and I need an SUV bc I'm only 5ft tall. (Most people say they love it here except for that one girl below who appears to just have that one glitchy car). Hondas do have good resale values though. Just there are the definite pros and cons for the vehicle!

By irritatrix
on 02/19/12 08:46 AM (PST)

I'm researching cars for my soon-to-be college graduate, and personally, the last Honda I owned was terrible, it rattled so much from day one. It didn't rattle when I test drove it, but on the way HOME three places started to rattle - badly. I won't buy another one, and after reading this review, I'll steer my son to the Elantra. Better ride, quieter, better cabin materials, and a 10-year warranty - plus, they now hold their value as well as the Civic.

By ras5
on 04/16/12 18:59 PM (PDT)

Eldaino2...be assured with the massive discounts and Honda's own admission that this car missed the mark,resale values will be coming down. The new Elantras are still selling well without any incentives so far. Hate to bust your bubble but the industry has chaged and Honda has been caught napping.