great car so far for first 5 weeks
By yarruhs on
2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I thoroughly enjoy this car. The fuel economy is far better than i expected. I have gotten as high as 40 mpg , and with each gallon of natural gas costing $2.05 , this has translated into an mpg equivalent of gasoline of 80 mpg ((when gas is at $4.00 for unleaded gas). I am waiting for the diamond lane sticker which will save me at least 10 minutes each way to and from work. One thing to note is in California there are many natural gas stations. The lowest price stations are the actual gas companies at 2.05 per gallon. Others will charge as high as $2.99 which is 33% more
Favorite Features
Favorite feature is the gas savings and the fact that I am burning American gas and not some foreign imported gas. It is a green car so emmissions are very low. I never have to smell gasoline again. This car is a Honda but it was made in Indiana so it is an American car. The blue tooth phone is perfect. The cars has so many air bags that I feel comfortable knowing I am surrounded by them. It has good acceleration. Good view of the road ahead. Good handling. I have never owned a Honda before and so far I am happy with the results.
Suggested Improvements
The front bumper is very low sometimes it makes me a bit uneasy when perpendicular parking and hitting the parking curve. The visibility is great but you don't see where the front of the car ends, from the drivers view. I know I will get used to this. The visibility in the right rear needs improvement as it has a little blind spot, at it feels like a hatchback. I also own a Landcruiser and I am spoiled by its panoramic views. The space for storage in the rear is very limited , but I knew that going in. So far I haven't needed the space. The natural gas tank uses a good portion of it. These are minor things that are far outweighed by the positives of the car.