2012 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Fun little car

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

EX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Fun little car
By grahamola on

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic back in Sept. I like howit rides, handles, and is quiet too. I would agree that there is a lot of hard plastic surfaces and blank switchplates, but they are built right.Seats are comfortable and have lots of room inside too.

Fun to drive, has plenty of power, smooth ride, quiet, and digital instrumentation.

The old Civic might have looked a little more stylish.
By flbntz
on 03/11/12 20:06 PM (PDT)

I had a 1996 DX coupe manual transmission. Really liked it. Now, have a Camry 2011. The Camry is less engaging to drive. Will probably last a long time with no trouble, but miss my Civic sometimes. Didn't like the new one at first, like the one it replaced better, except that that one, the parking brake poked my knee. That's why I didn't get one, but this new one's really grown on me. I really like the way it drives, and comparing it to my old one. They've come a long way. It's nice to see. Good luck to all of you that bought one. My Civic ran to 273,ooo miles before I traded it on a 2004 Chevy Impala. Still had the original clutch, and engine. Engine was burning about a quart of oil every thousand miles or so. Also, had to put premium gas in it, to keep the engine from knocking, and the check engine light from coming on. The window on the driver's side went cock-eyed in its track, and had to be replaced. $187. Manual windows. Other than that, a pretty good car. Always liked Hondas.