2012 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Driving the new 2012 Honda Civ

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

LX Sedan (1.8L 4-cyl. 5-speed Automatic)

Driving the new 2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr sedan
By danny3826 on

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a new 2012 Civic LX from Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos, California. [non-permissible content removed] Now about my new car. It is so good looking, and it is so wonderful to drive. I researched many vehicles through Consumer Reports and Edmunds and also Kelly Blue Book, and I wasn't quite sure. However, I am in love with how it drives. It is so right for me. I wanted fun, and I got fun. I wanted economy, and I got economy. I wanted a great looking vehicle, and I got that too.

This car has great acceleration. And when I am at cruise speed, there is an ECO button to hit so that additional gas is saved while driving in today's high priced gasoline world. I like the controls, the steering wheel, the bucket seating, the climate control, and most of all, the simplicity of getting the audio and the heating to do what I need in a quick manner. The vehicle is agile and I can maneuver it so easily. I can take this across the country without any fear. I just know it will do exactly as I need it to do.

Honda has always had a problem with wind noise when one is driving. Just as I have read and seen in other reports, the Hondas are noisy cars. No doubt. I think it must have to do with the amount of insulation. If there is more insulation from noise, then there won't be any. At the same time, I do not want it to be completely quiet either. I realize that with a quieter surrounding as I drive, I would easily fall asleep behind the wheel. That would be no good. This car, however, is the right one for me. I just love it more than the VW's, the Toyotas, the Nissans, the Mazdas, and all the domestics.