Confortable Ride but dull engine
By marc_bar on
2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I've been looking at a compact sedan to replace my Mazda 3 hatchback. My list is down to Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic Sedan EX. I test drove a Civic today and the engine is very dull, no fun at all particularly for someone used to the peppy Mazda3 160 hp.
Favorite Features
Confortable ride and iMID
Suggested Improvements
Better engine, 6-speed automatic with manual switch, auto dimming mirror with homelink
By uwllv88
on 08/22/12 18:18 PM (PDT)

Sorry, 2010 is an error - it should say I purchased the 2012 Elantra Limited, not 2010! I hope no one else gets burned like I did!

By uwllv88
on 08/22/12 10:02 AM (PDT)

You could be very very sorry if you decide on the Hyundai Elantra - I purchased the 2010 Elantra Limited new in Sept 2011 - I just traded it in after taking it back to Hyundai 3 times to check the fuel efficiency. The sole reason I bought THIS car was for their promise of between 37 - 47 mpg highway and 24 - 29 city - I got EXACTLY 17 mpg city and 22 highway! I did my calculations the old fashioned way, fill it up, drive, divide miles by gallons used. I felt taken and trapped with this car so yesterday I made a very good deal with Honda = only lost $5,000 (which isn't too bad). I am sure I will be so much happier as Civics have always been my preference. When I got the Hyundai I believed them and got stung.