2012 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Confortable Ride but dull engi

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

2012 Honda Civic Sedan

Confortable Ride but dull engine
By marc_bar on

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been looking at a compact sedan to replace my Mazda 3 hatchback.
My list is down to Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic Sedan EX.
I test drove a Civic today and the engine is very dull, no fun at all particularly for someone used to the peppy Mazda3 160 hp.

Confortable ride and iMID

Better engine, 6-speed automatic with manual switch, auto dimming mirror with homelink

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By uwllv88
on 08/22/12 18:18 PM (PDT)

Sorry, 2010 is an error - it should say I purchased the 2012 Elantra Limited, not 2010! I hope no one else gets burned like I did!

By uwllv88
on 08/22/12 10:02 AM (PDT)

You could be very very sorry if you decide on the Hyundai Elantra - I purchased the 2010 Elantra Limited new in Sept 2011 - I just traded it in after taking it back to Hyundai 3 times to check the fuel efficiency. The sole reason I bought THIS car was for their promise of between 37 - 47 mpg highway and 24 - 29 city - I got EXACTLY 17 mpg city and 22 highway! I did my calculations the old fashioned way, fill it up, drive, divide miles by gallons used. I felt taken and trapped with this car so yesterday I made a very good deal with Honda = only lost $5,000 (which isn't too bad). I am sure I will be so much happier as Civics have always been my preference. When I got the Hyundai I believed them and got stung.