2012 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Civic quality getting worse

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Review

Civic quality getting worse
By pa_rs on

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought an LX manual, and ... basically I m kind of dissatisfied.I traded in an LX 2000 manual that lasted me 12 years which I think had better interior fit/finish and less road noise. I don't see this car lasting that long. When above 60mph the road noise is really unacceptable. No carpet on the inside but a weird flimsy material that looks like what they put under the mattress box to cover the springs. The 2 level dashboard is BS. Must have been designed by a drunk engineer because the speedometer is perfectly covered by the steering wheel. why didI get it?looks good,handles well, good mpg,i-pod hookup. Like the climate control that stay the way you put them and don't reset

good handling braking engine(so far), decent music system, i-pod, air filtration system. Looks good. Unfortunately beauty is skin deep....

Put back legitimate, decent carpet, improve materials and road noise insulation. Uwanna save money? Ditch the 64 useless airbags. If you're going to die you're going to die. The little baloon popping over the head is not gonna save you. Put back a normal dashboard with normal instruments so one has to look in one place.
By jason118
on 05/15/12 07:08 AM (PDT)

I have owed 2 2012 Honda Civics, one was an EX and the current one I am driving is an EX-L with NAV. You mentioned that the airbags are not going to save you, but you need to think before you speak, because if it was not for the airbags, I would not be posting this right now. I got hit by a Penske truck on the driver's side as it was going 60mph and it totaled my first 2012 Honda Civic. The airbags was one of the features that saved me. I walked out with out a scratch. Anyone can feel free to go to my facebook page and check out the pictures of the accident that I walked out of and went to work on the same day of the accident and a week later, I bought my 2012 Honda Civic EX-L with NAV.[non-permissible content removed]. Unless you have been in a wreck in this car too, you do not know what you are talking about as far as the air bags are concern.