Best in Class!
By kaneohe00 on
2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I test drove a hyundai elantra, a corolla and corolla S before I drove the Honda. Didn't bother with Ford, Nissan or Kia because I wanted a car that would last for a long time without a doubt. The Hyundai drove well and had a lot of extras but based of past performance and current reviews I felt like they were trying to sell you with extras versus a solid performer. So it came down to the corolla and civic. The civic drove better, had a more attractive and functional interior and I felt Honda put a lot of effort into the design of the civic while it seemed Toyota hasn't done anything to improve the Corolla since 1985. It reminded me of the Tercel my mom had when I was 10 years old.
Favorite Features
Honda passes the solid door test, when I close the door it reminds me of the BMW I used to have. I traded a Tacoma for the Civic and the Civic seems like a quieter ride. Theres an ECO button that adjusts your RPMs to save gas. It feels like I'm riding on a cloud compared to the Tacoma. The dash is attractive. And last but not least MPG, MPG, MPG, the car's computer is telling me I'm getting 36 MPG, when I'm feeling unhappy I look at the MPG meter and all is right with the world. A lot of reviews I've read comment on no get up and go and lack of a thrill when driving. Whenever I read those type of reviews I think to myself "You bought a civic not a mustang". The car drives great!
Suggested Improvements
You get what you pay for, and I think Honda gave you everything they could for the money. I don't think you could expect anything more without paying an Acura price. The only issue I have and it's because I'm old, is there's no lumbar support so if you have a bad back I'd keep that in mind. That being said I still wouldn't have bought a different car. Just FYI, the change holder is just a 2 in x 3 in slot left of the steering wheel, not a lot of room for spare change. I got a white car and if you have kids you might want to make them ride in the trunck because the interior is a light grey and it won't stay clean for long. I'm buying seat covers.