40 miles on my new car and it's in the SHOP THIS IS RIDICULOUS PLEASE READ
By lylarose13 on
2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
My 2012 Honda Civic had 43miles on it when the Check Emissions light came on. I was near the dealer and took it straight in. He said you have to leave it here. I had groceries in the trunk and had to go home only to bring it back and told I could get it that night. Only to get a call saying it's not going to be ready until Wednesday only to get a call on Wed saying the car won't be available till Friday if that because they had to order a part thru Honda Factory that was coming from Kentucky. Only to get find out I am asked to be a "Guinea pig" for Honda to put a "black box" in my car to track my car for two weeks to see if this is going to be a deal they need to bulletin.
Favorite Features
NONE I bought this ugly car because I needed something reliable. There is nothing reliable about a car that is in the shop with 40 miles on it. Honda has nerve using me a guinea pig to test their car? Are they serious? That is pathetic. And to hear that from my dealer who actually is nice, say that they have never experienced anything like this? PATHETIC with a capital P. I hope they reimburse me for miles that I have to put on while I test a car that may or may not be reliable. And god forbid it isn't safe. We haven't even covered that. The nice thing to do would be give me a different car and test this car till it's safe and then lease it to somebody else.
Suggested Improvements
Learn reliability and not to make a car that breaks down the first week of driving. Don't think it's fair to make a person a guinea pig to fix your mistakes. THAT IS BULL CRAP! More head room please too. I mean I am only 5'5" and I can't even sit without feeling like I am strapped in a race car. I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER HONDA AGAIN!
By tmont562
on 01/26/12 13:10 PM (PST)

What was the final outcome?

By mjbarnhart2001
on 04/17/12 12:20 PM (PDT)

I now own this car and extremely pleased. I'm sorry to hear of your situation but this happens...with all makes and models. I'm sure Honda and your Dealer will do what it takes to make your Civic right. Customers like you are the reason I no longer work in the Automobile industry as a certified technician.