2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews 4

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Honda is still the best!!!
By garminmanila on 04/08/12 13:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So far so good. I'm glad I bought this Civic EX-L at an excellent deal over $1k below Edmund's. It is used as an additional car for the wife's shopping, school, church and around town errands. Our Montero 20th Anniv is good for outdoors and long drives but at 14/18mpg :-( Love our Honda.. It's been getting at least 35-38mpg. Too bad the reviews did not get them any fair shot.

2012 Civic EX-L Nice
By deer_country on 04/06/12 18:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The beautiful Civic Honda is an excellent all around car. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but other than that it is excellent quality. The edge of the seats seem firm and cause discomfort on a long journey. But the handling is excellent.

vibration issue solved
By firsthonda2012 on 04/05/12 11:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I almost traded in my brand new 2012 honda civic sedan lx with manual trans! I was getting a disturbing vibration when I accelerated to about 50 mph. The whole car vibrated like I was driving over a grooved highway, and then I thought that perhaps I blew a tire or something. It was intermittent. The Service Tech discovered that when you have only the rear windows down halfway the vibration happens and sounds like a helicopter! An aerodynamic thing. I wanted to let people know this just in case they are experiencing the same issue! Now that I know it is nothing serious I am back to LOVING MY NEW CIVIC!!! Getting 30 mpg with mixed around town and highway driving! Great car!!!

another great Civic
By ppowell6 on 03/27/12 17:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

first off, we have been driving Honda/Acura products since 1984. The wife has had 06 and an 09 Accord EX-L and was ready for something new. Her car is usually driven on our trips, long and short, and the Accords were great but with the 2 of us in it most of the time, the Civic seemed like the logical choice when looking for a new car. It is perfect for what we drive it for and the gas savings is incredible so far, compared to the Accords.

Fun little car
By grahamola on 03/03/12 11:52 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic back in Sept. I like howit rides, handles, and is quiet too. I would agree that there is a lot of hard plastic surfaces and blank switchplates, but they are built right.Seats are comfortable and have lots of room inside too.

Love My Civic EX
By civiclover1 on 03/03/12 11:47 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2012 Civic EX last May, and I love it! It is a zippy ride, and I get compliments on the appearance of the car all the time. I had a "08 Civic and loved it too, but the new technology in the new Civics is great. Drive one....you will like it and the reliability and resale are awesome. You can't go wrong with a Civic!

You are not buying a Mercedes
By carlonz on 03/01/12 20:27 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So I have had my Civic for one week. Traded a 2005 Altima SL LOADED. I have a base LX automatic. I bought this solely for the gas mileage and in that respect I am getting much more than I expected. This is not a luxury car so don't buy it if that is what you are looking for. The drive is nice and tight, shifting is smooth, braking is decent. It is stylish and solid. I have about 250 miles on it and I have averaged about 36 mpg with 80% hwy and 20% city driving. This is my first Honda and so far I am extremely impressed. I was able to buy it for a touch less than invoice which made it very reasonably priced. I highly recommend this car if you are looking to save gas money.

Civic quality getting worse
By pa_rs on 02/15/12 12:28 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought an LX manual, and ... basically I m kind of dissatisfied.I traded in an LX 2000 manual that lasted me 12 years which I think had better interior fit/finish and less road noise. I don't see this car lasting that long. When above 60mph the road noise is really unacceptable. No carpet on the inside but a weird flimsy material that looks like what they put under the mattress box to cover the springs. The 2 level dashboard is BS. Must have been designed by a drunk engineer because the speedometer is perfectly covered by the steering wheel. why didI get it?looks good,handles well, good mpg,i-pod hookup. Like the climate control that stay the way you put them and don't reset

So Happy I Didn't Listen to the Reviews
By tejai on 01/31/12 13:31 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my last Civic used--I was the 4th owner....she was a 2004 EX Coupe. Due to mechanical issues I was forced to trade her off about 2 years before I wanted to. I had read the reviews on the 2012 Civic and I was leary...so I test drove three Toyotas, a Subaru, two Mazdas a Ford and a CR-V, Accord and a Fit. Still undecided, I decided to drive a Civic. Thank goodness I make my own decisions and don't listen to everyone else..... I knew before I hit the interstate I was going to buy it. It is somewhat noisy--but nothing like my 2004. The ride is way smoother and it's a fun car to maneuver through town. I have no regrets at all--very happy with my purchase. This is my 6th Honda.

Fun and good car, but has its flaws...
By skydiamonds on 01/29/12 15:25 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought the 2012 Civic sedan in October, so I've had the car for 3, almost 4, months now. I was in LOVE with the previous Civic models, particularly the coupe. My friend drives the black '09 coupe and I wanted something along those lines. I test drove a gorgeous blue one which was probably 2009 as well and really liked it. However, my mom wanted to get me a brand new car and all the older ones were used, so we settled for this one. Really not much to complain about, except for the cheap plasticky interior and the loud wind/road noise. Ugh! Other than that, beautiful and colorful graphics/dashboard and a reliable car. Great w/ gas too! Got plenty of compliments on it.