Used 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car
By cliano

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As soon as I test drove this car I knew this was the one I wanted. Honda has a great reputation for being reliable and great quality. It had every feature i was looking for. Handles great and could not beat it for the price. GREAT VALUE.

Favorite Features

Comfort. Heated Seats, Leather interior. Moon Roof. Great gas mileage. 40mpg. Blue Tooth and great display.

Suggested Improvements

n/a

Brandon Honda -- great dealership - Civic sedan great car
By valcarter

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan and we are very happy with it. The folks at Brandon Honda in Brandon, Florida were great. Our salesman was Tony M.....he was a jewel. Totally wonderful experience. If you are in the area and want a great buying experience, call Tony at Brandon Honda

Favorite Features

Dash that tells you if you are driving fuel efficiently. Green means you are, blue means not optimal. Getting average of 35 in city/hwy mixed driving....very happy with that.

Suggested Improvements

None at all.

exl w nav coupe
By adansereau

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the exl nav coupe now for 6 weeks and about 1500 miles mostly city and averaged about 30 to 33 mpg. traded a 2010 coupe for this one. This car is quiter, more comfortable, and has more mid range torgue than the previous one. The leather is top notch and seats are great. The electronics from nav to i mid screen are easy to use and radio functions displayed are really nice. This car feels very luxurious. Its sporty, looks good, has cool electronic dash with lots of color and looks very upscale and space age. This was a good choice and i am very happy with this car.

Favorite Features

cool dash , nice leather, good mpg

this econ model is built for MPG
By shotandabeer

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

All highway at 65 with a/c on = 42+mpg if you leave your foot off the gas and dont drive in a real hilly area. I love it. What value! Econ is fantastic for chinging shift points but you will slow down a bit on a hill - until yuo punch it or take off econ setting. I have seen 46 mpg at lower speeds on flat terrain in the summer and not using the gas pedal much. I got the "dumb" lease $189/mo. Dumb if you dont get one... for business travel. Also have a pilot and an accord - two other no brainers. Fantastic vehicles. get one!

Suggested Improvements

Way to get back into car if you lock keys in the trunk while trout fishing.

Great car...fun to drive!
By eca72261

2012 Honda Civic Sedan HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just put 3,000 miles on my 2012 Honda Civic HF and I must say, this car is a joy to drive and it's super easy to park. Visibility is wonderful. There is plenty of legroom/headroom even when my 6'3" son is sitting in the passenger seat. Everything in the car fits just right (I'm 5'9" weight 225 lbs). I use math to figure out the gas mileage (miles driven divided by gallons) and I'm getting 39.573 mpg on average with my first 3,000 miles. I drive 80% hwy, 20% city. I could not be more pleased. This is a conservative car (the styling) for conservative people who want to get from point A to point B without problems. I am very happy with my purchase!!

Favorite Features

Tilt and telescoping steering wheel. Lighted ignition key entry. An amazing 40 mpg, and the joy of passing up gas stations. Plenty of head room and leg room. A fit that's "just right".

Suggested Improvements

Honda, please quit making the center console arm rest covered in fabric. This needs to be a hard surface that won't show dirt, is easy to wipe clean, and won't wear out from your arm resting on it. I almost didn't buy the car just for this reason. I did find an after market console LID cover for Honda Civics, so I'm happy for now.