best Honda I've bought
By lotsahondas on
2012 Honda Civic Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)
puzzled by "meh" reviews. 2nd Civic hybrid, 5th Honda I've owned. This is the best since my '77 Accord, and I've liked them all. They've all been reliable. Note that JD Powers elevated Honda to #2 today. Style: other than tail looks like a Camry, no complaints, but I wasn't in market for Corvette. "Cheap plastic"? plastic is plastic, it doesn't pretend to be burled wood or silver. And it is matte finish dash, which means less sun in the eyes. Comfort: supportive seats, roomy cabin front and back. Ride: incredibly smooth. Steering: responsive with very tight turning radius. Acceleration: adequate. Not a BMW, but hybrid owners don't burn rubber. Mileage: after 600 mi, 42+ MPG!
Favorite Features
Better mileage, more room than previous generations. Better visibility out to the back right than Prius or Insight. Honda reliability. Easy-to-use Bluetooth and iPod(USB) integration is standard, not just "available". If you want a hybrid sedan, I don't think there is a better option right now. To some, it may lose a few style points to Hyundai, but I'm not in love with Elantra cartoony swoosh myself. Honda elevated function over form, and the form is not bad.
Suggested Improvements
Could use: automatic headlights off, pre-set attachments for cargo hook and cargo net. (Dealer installation $25 for $7 hook??)