2012 SI Sedan - LOVE IT
By prelude2015 on
2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)
I ordered this bad boy back in July and drove it home in mid-September. Extremely fun to drive. - I'm not going to race any Mazdaspeed3 turbo'd rockets, but this thing has a lot of pep. - The 6-speed is smooth and sweet, on par with a much more expensive BMW or Audi, but without the electrical and high maintenance issues that come with the German cars. - Sport suspension makes the road noise more pronounced but it's all worth it. It handles nicely. Anyone that complains about the road noise should buy a Buick and leave the pocket rockets to the car guys. Higher mpg than advertised - With more low-end torque, I avg 37 mpg by using 6th gear at 45 mph, even with revving up the hiway ramp.
Favorite Features
6-speed Torquey at low rpm Handling Efficient through traffic. I got 43 mpg on a 17-mile commute the other day, even with some sitting in traffic while an accident was cleaned up
Suggested Improvements
Honda, Please make more cars like these. You have lost your way with deep-6ing the Prelude and the CRX. Not sure what the CRZ is supposed to be, and I absolutely loathe the Element, the Crosstour, and the Fit. Bring back the Prelude. The Accord Coupe V6 is cool, and I love the SI. I'm not sure about the stubby little hood on the Civics that you borrowed from the Oddysey, but ok, these are still good cars and I love the SI. I have no idea why anyone in their right mind would buy a Fit!! I have experimented with many manufactures and I still hold Honda on a higher perch than the others, mainly due to reliability. My Accord Coupe was my favorite car ever. Time will tell on my new SI.
By benjaminh
on 11/05/11 17:49 PM (PDT)

great review. Thanks.

By derekleeo
on 10/01/12 05:13 AM (PDT)

I think people like the Fit because it is fun to drive, has a ton of space and is cheap. If it had a little more power(and one more gear), bluetooth, and sat radio, I would have bought one a year ago.

By myfitty12
on 03/20/12 12:59 PM (PDT)

Excuse me, but I drive a 2012 Honda Fit Sport Manual and it is fantastic. Average 35 MPG, peppy acceleration, go-kart handling, roomy interior, and hatchback versatility... The only thing Honda needs to do with the current Fit is introduce an Si version and make bluetooth and SAT radio standard

By toofast11
on 02/09/12 18:05 PM (PST)

i have a 2011 would not trade for 2012 no comparison in any way