2012 Honda Civic EX Best Buy!
By gruel on
2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)
I just got a new Honda Civic EX from Bergstrom in Oshkosh, WI. They called me, suggested I come in and trade my 07 Honda Fit. I went in, and test drove the Civic. I really noticed a couple of things immediately..the dash reminded me of the wonderful Mercury Cougar I had in 1990, and the ride was very similar...Quiet! The dash features looked complicated, but the menu took me through it all, and was not any harder than programming my cell phone. Speaking of cell phone, the Blue Tooth hookup in the Civic not only worked first time, but every time I enter the car, it automatically hooks up. I tested it with my wife in the car, watching the dash, and it mated when I was 40 feet away. BUY IT
Favorite Features
ECON feature actually saves you gas. Sure, the road racers want full power, but most of us wanting good, reliable cars for reasonable road operation will REALLY appreciate this car. The Blue Tooth was great, the ride is extremely quiet over my 07 Fit, and I like the center dash area. I'm a ham radio operator, and I'm getting a new 2 meter rig to join my new Home Patrol scanner. I'll mount BOTH of them on his nice area, and be able to see them to operate properly.
Suggested Improvements
For a 4 cylinder car, averaging about 29 miles city and 39 miles highway, you couldn't ask for better. Rather than fool with all the hybrid maintenance costs, this is a nice alternative. As I said, if you want some nice value for the money, buy it!