Used 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 92 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Hated it!
By Sandy R.

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this Civic for 3 years and hated driving it every day. It was slow to accelerate and there was no great fuel savings. The econo mode made it even more sluggish. The headlights were extremely dim and not well focused. The slanting up windshield and sloping down front made visibility poor. The blind spot in the side mirrors was a significant minus. The cloth seats were wearing thin on the drivers side in just 3 years. The trunk was very small and could not hold much else once I put my mother's small walker in there. It was very difficult for an older person with hip or knee problems to get in and out of. The upholstery was treated by the dealer to prevent stains, however, it did not make it any easier to clean. I owned a 1996 Honda Civic 5 speed and loved it. I was extremely disappointed with this car. I traded it off to a Toyota dealer and I would not say the trade in was very significant. This said, it was a pleasure to be rid of this car.

owned 3 years
By Sfic

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a base model car, runs great. Had to upgrade tires because traction was poor in snow. Interior is plastic looking. If you are not looking for beauty but want reliability this is your car.

Superb gas mileage champ
By Wcjeep

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Initially bought the Civic for my long commutes. Stop and go on the freeway I averaged 35mpg. Now the wife's lead foot averages 25mpg city only driving. The front seats are not designed for long road trips. Any trip under two hours is fine. Did not purchase navigation. We have smartphones. My one tech gripe is the 1-2 second audio delay while streaming Bluetooth. The factory tires were not designed for use in the rain. Probably should have bought leather interior. My work clothes get dirty. I did buy airbag compatible washable seat covers. Factory sound system makes noise. It's not Bose or Mark Levinson. This is reliable transportation that requires little effort to drive and starts every time.

Awesome
By Anthony

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX sedan all black. And to be honest it's the greatest car I have owned yet. Comfort is amazing, sport look to it, and I get great gas mililage to. Since I bought I had to put in a battery only because the owner before me had a smaller one in it. I'm planning on the staying with the civic. Plus it lowered my car insurance to. I like the whole set up of the car and technology of it.

What has Happened!
By Jeremy Gaertner

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have driven a Honda since I was 16, but thanks to Honda's following other auto makers to increase profits and forget about why we buy their products, which was that they used to run forever. My Honda needed new wheel bearings at 50000 miles, road noise is terrible, volume/tuner control knob stopped working by 75000 miles and customer service at my dealership is terrible, I feel like I owe the receptionist at the service department an apology for bringing my car in for repairs and interrupting their day.