2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2012 Honda Civic
By debmo on 12/04/12 08:55 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Originally purchased a 2000 Civic and have just recently passed it on to my daughter who was only six when I first bought the car. I loved my first Civic and didn't hesitate when buying a new one. Have had it for only a few weeks now, but it's been GREAT! I drive 70 miles per day round trip to and from work and it drives like a dream. I do a lot of highway and city driving and the gas mileage has been excellent. I don't understand the negative reviews. I've had no issue with noise or rattling. It's been a pleasure to drive so far! Hope this one lasts as long as my last!

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - almost love it
By ejje1 on 12/01/12 14:00 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I'm impressed with the styling of my new car. It rides well and is pretty quiet on the road. The gas mileage has been excellent and will get better once I get more than a few thousand miles on it. Buy the side moulding and put it on yourself... because The only issue I have with the car is the extremely thin metal. Don't lean on the front fenders or close the trunk or hood too hard you will easily move, dent or crease the paper thin metal. Interior uses too much hard plastic and the carpet is really better suited for a a scouring pad. For an MSRP of $21,900 Civic DX, Honda seemed to have gotten the message to do better in 2013

Perfect commuter car
By gerganank on 11/27/12 20:28 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

PROS: Nice and sleek look, feeling of a full control of the car. It's nice to take sharper turns. Inside plenty of room not only or the front seats but for the back 3 passengers. Great gas mileage - makes up to 40 mpg even in congested traffic conditions. I have had it for 2 months already and very happy with the purchase. CONS: Compared to my prior car 2006 Elantra it is a little more bumpier and you can really feel every hole on the road and bumps on parking lots have to be taken at under 4mph.

Great car
By cliano on 11/26/12 15:31 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

As soon as I test drove this car I knew this was the one I wanted. Honda has a great reputation for being reliable and great quality. It had every feature i was looking for. Handles great and could not beat it for the price. GREAT VALUE.

Brandon Honda -- great dealership - Civic sedan great car
By valcarter on 10/05/12 19:30 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We purchased a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan and we are very happy with it. The folks at Brandon Honda in Brandon, Florida were great. Our salesman was Tony M.....he was a jewel. Totally wonderful experience. If you are in the area and want a great buying experience, call Tony at Brandon Honda

exl w nav coupe
By adansereau on 10/04/12 04:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the exl nav coupe now for 6 weeks and about 1500 miles mostly city and averaged about 30 to 33 mpg. traded a 2010 coupe for this one. This car is quiter, more comfortable, and has more mid range torgue than the previous one. The leather is top notch and seats are great. The electronics from nav to i mid screen are easy to use and radio functions displayed are really nice. This car feels very luxurious. Its sporty, looks good, has cool electronic dash with lots of color and looks very upscale and space age. This was a good choice and i am very happy with this car.

this econ model is built for MPG
By shotandabeer on 08/17/12 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

All highway at 65 with a/c on = 42+mpg if you leave your foot off the gas and dont drive in a real hilly area. I love it. What value! Econ is fantastic for chinging shift points but you will slow down a bit on a hill - until yuo punch it or take off econ setting. I have seen 46 mpg at lower speeds on flat terrain in the summer and not using the gas pedal much. I got the "dumb" lease $189/mo. Dumb if you dont get one... for business travel. Also have a pilot and an accord - two other no brainers. Fantastic vehicles. get one!

Great car...fun to drive!
By eca72261 on 08/07/12 00:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just put 3,000 miles on my 2012 Honda Civic HF and I must say, this car is a joy to drive and it's super easy to park. Visibility is wonderful. There is plenty of legroom/headroom even when my 6'3" son is sitting in the passenger seat. Everything in the car fits just right (I'm 5'9" weight 225 lbs). I use math to figure out the gas mileage (miles driven divided by gallons) and I'm getting 39.573 mpg on average with my first 3,000 miles. I drive 80% hwy, 20% city. I could not be more pleased. This is a conservative car (the styling) for conservative people who want to get from point A to point B without problems. I am very happy with my purchase!!

Confortable Ride but dull engine
By marc_bar on 08/06/12 18:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been looking at a compact sedan to replace my Mazda 3 hatchback. My list is down to Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic Sedan EX. I test drove a Civic today and the engine is very dull, no fun at all particularly for someone used to the peppy Mazda3 160 hp.

From 2010 Mazda CX-7 to 2012 Civic EX-L
By jenashley86 on 07/25/12 21:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My Mazda CX-7 had to go. It was requiring Premium fuel and only got on average 17mpg. I looked at a couple of other sedans, but I knew the Honda would be the best decision for me because of resale value and reliability. I got the Honda Civic Sedan EX-L and love it more and more every time that I drive it. The leather seats are extremely comfortable. The options available on the MID screen are incredible (set how you want your doors to auto-lock, set Trip A to reset when you fill up fuel, etc.). It took only $37 to fill up the tank the other day (it would have been $60 in the Mazda), I knew that I had made the right decision.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$133 per month*