Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Driving the new 2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr sedan
By danny3826

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a new 2012 Civic LX from Norm Reeves Honda in Cerritos, California. [non-permissible content removed] Now about my new car. It is so good looking, and it is so wonderful to drive. I researched many vehicles through Consumer Reports and Edmunds and also Kelly Blue Book, and I wasn't quite sure. However, I am in love with how it drives. It is so right for me. I wanted fun, and I got fun. I wanted economy, and I got economy. I wanted a great looking vehicle, and I got that too.

This car has great acceleration. And when I am at cruise speed, there is an ECO button to hit so that additional gas is saved while driving in today's high priced gasoline world. I like the controls, the steering wheel, the bucket seating, the climate control, and most of all, the simplicity of getting the audio and the heating to do what I need in a quick manner. The vehicle is agile and I can maneuver it so easily. I can take this across the country without any fear. I just know it will do exactly as I need it to do.

Honda has always had a problem with wind noise when one is driving. Just as I have read and seen in other reports, the Hondas are noisy cars. No doubt. I think it must have to do with the amount of insulation. If there is more insulation from noise, then there won't be any. At the same time, I do not want it to be completely quiet either. I realize that with a quieter surrounding as I drive, I would easily fall asleep behind the wheel. That would be no good. This car, however, is the right one for me. I just love it more than the VW's, the Toyotas, the Nissans, the Mazdas, and all the domestics.

Honda is still the best!!!
By garminmanila

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

So far so good. I'm glad I bought this Civic EX-L at an excellent deal over $1k below Edmund's. It is used as an additional car for the wife's shopping, school, church and around town errands. Our Montero 20th Anniv is good for outdoors and long drives but at 14/18mpg :-( Love our Honda.. It's been getting at least 35-38mpg. Too bad the reviews did not get them any fair shot.

Leather interior is nice for the price. Econ Mode is excellent.

EX-L should have back-up camera and rearview mirror plus sensors as well as driver seat memory standard or an option. Only the Euro and Asian versions have the backup assist.

2012 Civic EX-L Nice
By deer_country

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The beautiful Civic Honda is an excellent all around car. The seats are a little uncomfortable, but other than that it is excellent quality. The edge of the seats seem firm and cause discomfort on a long journey. But the handling is excellent.

The seats could be mondified with not such a deep dip. A little more horse power would be nice too.

vibration issue solved
By firsthonda2012

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I almost traded in my brand new 2012 honda civic sedan lx with manual trans! I was getting a disturbing vibration when I accelerated to about 50 mph. The whole car vibrated like I was driving over a grooved highway, and then I thought that perhaps I blew a tire or something. It was intermittent. The Service Tech discovered that when you have only the rear windows down halfway the vibration happens and sounds like a helicopter! An aerodynamic thing. I wanted to let people know this just in case they are experiencing the same issue! Now that I know it is nothing serious I am back to LOVING MY NEW CIVIC!!! Getting 30 mpg with mixed around town and highway driving! Great car!!!

Smooth ride, comfortable seats, easy for my dog to get in and out of, big trunk, back seats fold down, easy shifting, good visibiliy, great gas mileage!

I had to get used to not being able to judge the front end because of the steeply sloped hood, but no worries now!

another great Civic
By ppowell6

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

first off, we have been driving Honda/Acura products since 1984. The wife has had 06 and an 09 Accord EX-L and was ready for something new. Her car is usually driven on our trips, long and short, and the Accords were great but with the 2 of us in it most of the time, the Civic seemed like the logical choice when looking for a new car. It is perfect for what we drive it for and the gas savings is incredible so far, compared to the Accords.

its just a fun car to drive and comfortable for what it is. I have enjoyed the new gadgets to show the gas mileage and it does keep me from driving it faster. I found the interior fit and finish to be great as well as the outside too.

If I were to change anything it would be the dash. I see where the Acura version has gotten rid of the 2 tier dash and hope the newest version of the Civic is more like it.