Used 2012 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 146 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

this econ model is built for MPG
By shotandabeer

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

All highway at 65 with a/c on
= 42+mpg if you leave your foot off the gas and dont drive in a real hilly area. I love it. What value!
Econ is fantastic for chinging shift points but you will slow down a bit on a hill - until yuo punch it or take off econ setting.
I have seen 46 mpg at lower speeds on flat terrain in the summer and not using the gas pedal much.

I got the "dumb" lease $189/mo. Dumb if you dont get one... for business travel.

Also have a pilot and an accord - two other no brainers. Fantastic vehicles.

get one!

Way to get back into car if you lock keys in the trunk while trout fishing.

Great car...fun to drive!
By eca72261

2012 Honda Civic HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just put 3,000 miles on my 2012 Honda Civic HF and I must say, this car is a joy to drive and it's super easy to park.
Visibility is wonderful.
There is plenty of legroom/headroom even when my 6'3" son is sitting in the passenger seat. Everything in the car fits just right (I'm 5'9" weight 225 lbs).
I use math to figure out the gas mileage (miles driven divided by gallons) and I'm getting 39.573 mpg on average with my first 3,000 miles.
I drive 80% hwy, 20% city.
I could not be more pleased.
This is a conservative car (the styling) for conservative people who want to get from point A to point B without problems.
I am very happy with my purchase!!

Tilt and telescoping steering wheel. Lighted ignition key entry. An amazing 40 mpg, and the joy of passing up gas stations. Plenty of head room and leg room. A fit that's "just right".

Honda, please quit making the center console arm rest covered in fabric. This needs to be a hard surface that won't show dirt, is easy to wipe clean, and won't wear out from your arm resting on it. I almost didn't buy the car just for this reason. I did find an after market console LID cover for Honda Civics, so I'm happy for now.

Confortable Ride but dull engine
By marc_bar

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been looking at a compact sedan to replace my Mazda 3 hatchback.
My list is down to Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic Sedan EX.
I test drove a Civic today and the engine is very dull, no fun at all particularly for someone used to the peppy Mazda3 160 hp.

Confortable ride and iMID

Better engine, 6-speed automatic with manual switch, auto dimming mirror with homelink

From 2010 Mazda CX-7 to 2012 Civic EX-L
By jenashley86

2012 Honda Civic EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My Mazda CX-7 had to go. It was requiring Premium fuel and only got on average 17mpg. I looked at a couple of other sedans, but I knew the Honda would be the best decision for me because of resale value and reliability. I got the Honda Civic Sedan EX-L and love it more and more every time that I drive it. The leather seats are extremely comfortable. The options available on the MID screen are incredible (set how you want your doors to auto-lock, set Trip A to reset when you fill up fuel, etc.). It took only $37 to fill up the tank the other day (it would have been $60 in the Mazda), I knew that I had made the right decision.

MID options, fuel economy, navigation technology

I have yet to sit in the back seats, but being 5'10", I'm sure that if someone sat behind me leg room would be kind of tight.

Lesser of the evils
By dannerd

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I based my car buying decision on my experience with owning an assortment of different beaters, and that this time I was going to buy something new. Out of all the beaters I've owned, Hondas always got the best gas mileage, were the cheapest to fix, were easy to sell. If you read the bashing reviews for the 2012 civic, you'll notice the gripes are mostly about the cheap interior plastic and road noise. If you compare the reviews to other competitors like the 2012 focus or elantra, they are having serious issues involving the transmission, and check engine lights coming on recent to the purchase of the vehicle. That should tell you something. No car is perfect, but Honda seems to get close.

Instant MPG meter. Handling/acceleration is fun.

Wish the Econ button made a bigger difference in gas mileage.