2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Disappointed,
By matt144 on 10/09/11 11:58 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased Civic LX (1.8L 4-cyl Automatic) in August 2011.The first impression was the car looked sharp and the price was reasonable. However, after driving it for about 2,500 miles, the biggest problem is excessive road noise. I drove Toyota, Ford and Nissan before but I never had such a noisy car. The mpg is 35 to 38 which I expected but I didn't expected such a excessive road noise.

2012 SI Sedan - LOVE IT
By prelude2015 on 10/08/11 10:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I ordered this bad boy back in July and drove it home in mid-September. Extremely fun to drive. - I'm not going to race any Mazdaspeed3 turbo'd rockets, but this thing has a lot of pep. - The 6-speed is smooth and sweet, on par with a much more expensive BMW or Audi, but without the electrical and high maintenance issues that come with the German cars. - Sport suspension makes the road noise more pronounced but it's all worth it. It handles nicely. Anyone that complains about the road noise should buy a Buick and leave the pocket rockets to the car guys. Higher mpg than advertised - With more low-end torque, I avg 37 mpg by using 6th gear at 45 mph, even with revving up the hiway ramp.

Great commuting car
By sthakker on 09/28/11 06:59 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased this car in July. I have been using this car since then. I am having 2500 miles on it. Car's interior and exterior design is great. So I like driving this car. Before I was using 99 Nissan Altima. My new civic is 30 % economical then previous car. I usually commute to work using my new civic. In city and highway (mix) I usually get 34.4 mpg. It's perfect car for commuting to work

What I expected...
By miami305 on 09/22/11 08:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is what I expected. I bought this car for the better gas mileage. It's a traditional civic.. hard to park straight and completely in the parking spot, with the sloped hood and windshield, but I suppose I 'll get used to that eventually.

Honest
By objectionist on 09/16/11 04:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The exterior of this vehicle is very nice, a drastic improvement over the last model. The interior leaves something to be wanted. It really doesn't do anything for me. The ride is nice, and the fuel efficiency is great for a gas engine. I averaged around 42 mpg on the interstate. The greatest grip I have is the "eco-boost" of the HF model, and the transmission of all. I think some work needs to be done in both areas. The automatic transmission acts more like a manual due to poor downshifting, and make sure to be a complete stop before changing into Drive, even if you are rolling forward. Overall, its a Honda, so I expect to have it well past 300K miles.

Baby Blue 2012
By babyblue2012 on 09/07/11 22:41 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My new 2012 Civic replaces a beloved 1995 Camry and it immediately felt as comfortable and solid as the Camry. It handles well, is easy to drive, and gets 32 mpg in the city. On a recent road trip, we fit in three adults with luggage, camping gear, and extras. We got 38 mpg on the trip, and it was quiet enough to easily have conversations with our back seat passenger.

The Snooze Cruise
By newcivic2012 on 09/06/11 06:18 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've had this car now for a little over a 1000 miles and man do I have a lot to say about it - and not all good. The windshield and sloped hood make it almost impossible to gauge how close you are to something and makes it hard to park tightly. The '160 watt' radio is ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE! The controls for most of the components - awkwardly placed and an eye sore. The Bluetooth - a complete failure/hard to use (Mazda and Nissan system were much better - I know because I rented both). Traction/assisted steering/whatever the heck it's supposed to be - does little (in fact feels more responsive when it's off). What a joke! Really Civic? You got me at hello but now I a divorce.

2012 Civic
By virgie on 08/31/11 21:38 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

We bought a 2012 Honda Civic back in June. It is just my husband and myself and we decided to downsize. We had a 2003 Chevrolet Impala. We were disappointed with the service we got from the Impala. I was interested in buying a Toyota Corolla. My daughter has a 2004 Corolla and has gotten excellent service. For example she still has the original battery. The Corolla has only had to have routine service work (oil changes, brakes, and tires). When the time came to ditch the Impala we had trouble finding Corolla's. So we went and looked at Civics. I loved the dash inside the car. I love the Econ. feature. We loved the way the car handles.

The 2010 Ex got even better
By jabutix on 08/17/11 12:33 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The Civic EX 2012 exceeded my expectations. It drives well and is quite responsive, making it a fun ride. Mileage got even better and the Economy button works very well for slow traffic conditions. The interior design is attractive and the accessibility to all commands makes it quite functional. It is a good buy for the money.

Great Car!
By scguy2013 on 08/09/11 21:44 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just purchased the car today, first of great car and all the reviews from those other guys are wrong, I did not hear any excessive wind noise. Interior is great! The two tier dash worked for Honda and the color changes and the I-Mid, really stand out for the "wow" factor for me. Rides great, so far fuel economy is wonderful. The slanted hood will take some getting used to, my previous car was a 96 Acura, so the hood was long and could judge your distance better.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic in VA is:

$146 per month*