Used 2012 Honda Civic Si Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

A step up from the last gen Si
By flamike772

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I totaled my 2009 Civic Si Sedan, I was T-Boned by a full-size SUV doing 40+ MPH, the Civic Si held up superbly, so I knew I wanted another one. So now I have had my 2012 Civic Si Sedan for a bit and can comment on it over the 09. It's a big step up, not only in looks, but in power, the torque is very noticeable and the ride is smoother. Not as sporty as the 09 but grippier than a regular civic, my Wife enjoys the ride more and its more comfortable on the road. The upholstery... the '09 has softer plush-ier fabric, but I actually prefer the new fabric due to pet hair and it seems easier to clean as well. I miss the higher redline of the 09, but the '12 feels less of a "chore" to drive.

Favorite things would be the Torque, the iMID display is great and the Bluetooth is long over-due! I love that I can get in my car and my iPhone will just play while in my pocket, bag or trunk! I also no longer need to install an expensive XM unit when I can now stream the app and not have to deal with signal issues from rain. The handsfree kit is also nice and everyone I talk to says its very loud and clear. One last thing, thank you Honda for moving the Parking Break, the old design was killing me...

Go back to the sliding armrest form the older Si, the new one stinks and seems like you have 1/2 the space now. Also I'd like to see more technology options on the Si, Backup Cam and Warnings, Auto Wipers, Digital Rearview with Compass and Garage Opener, things like this, but overall the current tech is a nice improvement over the last mode.

EPA estimates are way off
By pstanger

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was hesitant to commit to the 2012 SI because the EPA estimates are not very impressive. But I took a gamble figuring if I was disappointed, I could easily trade due to the high resale value. I have just under 6000 miles on it so far in about 6 weeks. In mixed driving my worst tank of gas was 32 mpg. Best so far was over 37 (with a bit of neutral coasting at exit ramps, etc). As the car "breaks in", it really feels like it's getting quicker. It's great fun to drive. Much more torque than my '08 EXL. Interior noise is not quite, but is acceptable. My '08 interior is a bit classier. But I'm getting used to the '12.

Smooth 6 speed. Much better mileage than I expected. Quick acceleration. Not a rocket, but great performance for the price.

Offer leather in SI.