2012 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Problems
By gwconklin on 07/10/13 14:00 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I like my car, but it's broke down 3 times in the first 3,600 miles. The rocker arm bent the first, and the next time another rocker arm broke in two. This should not happen with a that only has 3,600 mile on it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Love my Civic Si
By buckeye99 on 02/23/13 08:30 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This Honda is a great car. The 2.4l iVTEC is an absolute BLAST to drive. The 6spd manual transmission is fantastic. While not the fastest car in this price range, I believe it's the best all-around vehicle in its class when considering price, gas mileage, reliability, 4 door practicality, and performance. I live in the midwest and weather is not always ideal. With the FWD, the car works very well as a daily driver. The new 2.4l engine offers plenty of torque and power for a vehicle in this class, but with the limited slip and stability control, torque steer is almost non-existent. In spirited mixed driving, I've averaged 28MPG. In highway driving, it's easy to get over the rated 31MPG

A step up from the last gen Si
By flamike772 on 10/26/12 08:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I totaled my 2009 Civic Si Sedan, I was T-Boned by a full-size SUV doing 40+ MPH, the Civic Si held up superbly, so I knew I wanted another one. So now I have had my 2012 Civic Si Sedan for a bit and can comment on it over the 09. It's a big step up, not only in looks, but in power, the torque is very noticeable and the ride is smoother. Not as sporty as the 09 but grippier than a regular civic, my Wife enjoys the ride more and its more comfortable on the road. The upholstery... the '09 has softer plush-ier fabric, but I actually prefer the new fabric due to pet hair and it seems easier to clean as well. I miss the higher redline of the 09, but the '12 feels less of a "chore" to drive.

A different Si but still a great car
By druezer on 10/04/12 10:45 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have to admit I was one of the naysayers. I have been leasing a 2008 Si Sedan and have enjoyed the car immensely. However, the stars aligned and I was presented with a deal that I couldn't resist. The new Si won be over in a couple of days. It's a bit more "mature", shall we say. Yes, it leans a bit more and it lacks the dramatic stratospheric top end but it's still a great drive: planted and solid with a progressive and fluid driver/vehicle connection. The new mid range punch is delicious and the transmission is another gem from Honda. I've even warmed up to the interior. Though the navigation system is a bit fussy most of the controls clear and straightforward.

EPA estimates are way off
By pstanger on 09/14/12 21:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was hesitant to commit to the 2012 SI because the EPA estimates are not very impressive. But I took a gamble figuring if I was disappointed, I could easily trade due to the high resale value. I have just under 6000 miles on it so far in about 6 weeks. In mixed driving my worst tank of gas was 32 mpg. Best so far was over 37 (with a bit of neutral coasting at exit ramps, etc). As the car "breaks in", it really feels like it's getting quicker. It's great fun to drive. Much more torque than my '08 EXL. Interior noise is not quite, but is acceptable. My '08 interior is a bit classier. But I'm getting used to the '12.

love it...
By conniek1981 on 03/24/12 06:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I've had my 2012 si sedan for just over 3 weeks and so far I love everything about it.. I feel safe knowing my daughter is in a good quality safe car. And when she's not in the car I get the capability to drive it how it was built to be driven.. I just passed the 1000 mile mark and now that's its broken in so to say I can actually see what its made of.. very happy I did my research and went to the dealership knowing exactly what I wanted and got just that. I'm a very happy camper. And I don't see the thrill going away any time soon.

Not your son's Si
By jsevier14 on 01/20/12 20:01 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Having driven an Acura RSX-S for 11 years I expected a lot from my new ride. In the end, I like the 2012 Civic Si, but ultimately it doesn't feel quite complete. The TSX engine and transmission are definitely improvements, and the fuel efficiency is pretty amazing for a performance vehicle. The electronics package is adequate, but the rest of the interior is cheap and frustrating. Compared to previous Si's, the 2012 is way less juvenile, and delivers a fun smooth ride for my long daily commute.

2012 SI Sedan - LOVE IT
By prelude2015 on 10/08/11 10:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I ordered this bad boy back in July and drove it home in mid-September. Extremely fun to drive. - I'm not going to race any Mazdaspeed3 turbo'd rockets, but this thing has a lot of pep. - The 6-speed is smooth and sweet, on par with a much more expensive BMW or Audi, but without the electrical and high maintenance issues that come with the German cars. - Sport suspension makes the road noise more pronounced but it's all worth it. It handles nicely. Anyone that complains about the road noise should buy a Buick and leave the pocket rockets to the car guys. Higher mpg than advertised - With more low-end torque, I avg 37 mpg by using 6th gear at 45 mph, even with revving up the hiway ramp.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Si in VA is:

$169 per month*