Used 2012 Honda Civic Si Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Si - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

This might anger the 8th gen fans
By co_luv

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Sorry guys but in terms of factory performance and day to day driving. This takes the cake. Yes it's a tight race on the streets (From a dig, though honda kids don't know anything but roll starts), but in the SCCA events I have used the 9th gen in, it blows my times from the 8th Gen I traded to get it. It is still more oriented to day to day driving so I get the pain. It doesn't feel Raw like the 8th Gen. Then again I said that when I traded my GSR for the 8th gen. This car is solid, has proven me well both on the track and on the streets.

Comfort. It's not too loud, the stereo is nice especially with the tiny little sub from the factory. My days of 2 12's is over. That is too much weight for so much attention. I enjoy hearing my highs and mids too much now days. I really like the dash layout. It is love or hate with the dash and I sway to love it. The seats are by no means good for the cross country trip but they do well for about 98% of every day society. I don't mind the harder seats thanks to the soft-ish suspension. Again I just like living with it. Some people with hate it.

I say since mine is a 12 they did good with interior accent changes in 13. I would like to see stiffer suspension. That is just me. If I wanted too soft I wouldn't have bought the SI. I just don't think they are firm enough for my taste. That is only a minor gripe though. I would like to see more power. and if possible some more torque, but I know that has never been hondas' strong point. So I won't complain too much on that. I don't like the carpet in it. It's too thin, but again that is most modern cars spending cut as well. Also just for the sake of performance, plastic is great and all but go back to a cast manifold for the 10th gen. please.

Problems
By gwconklin

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 2dr Coupe w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I like my car, but it's broke down 3 times in the first 3,600 miles. The rocker arm bent the first, and the next time another rocker arm broke in two. This should not happen with a that only has 3,600 mile on it. Has anyone else had this issue?

Love my Civic Si
By buckeye99

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

This Honda is a great car. The 2.4l iVTEC is an absolute BLAST to drive. The 6spd manual transmission is fantastic. While not the fastest car in this price range, I believe it's the best all-around vehicle in its class when considering price, gas mileage, reliability, 4 door practicality, and performance. I live in the midwest and weather is not always ideal. With the FWD, the car works very well as a daily driver. The new 2.4l engine offers plenty of torque and power for a vehicle in this class, but with the limited slip and stability control, torque steer is almost non-existent. In spirited mixed driving, I've averaged 28MPG. In highway driving, it's easy to get over the rated 31MPG

- Fun to drive - Fun to drive - Fun to drive - Gas mileage - Reliable (after all, it's a Honda) - Split dash makes it easy for driver to focus on the road - iMid display is a useful and fun - Navigation System is nice and integrates well with iMid display - Engine is well tuned and has a great sound - Limited Slip Differential and FWD makes for good driving in adverse conditions - 4-door option - 360Watt factory stereo quality is excellent (even my teenage son thinks so!) - Bluetooth, accessory, and USB audio interface - iVTEC light on split dash is useful when pushing the engine to it's limits - Plenty of torque & HP. From the driver's seat, the car feels every bit as fast as my '04 WRX.

I'm really nit picking, but here are some things Honda could improve: - The materials used in the dashboard could be of higher quality - Seat bottoms sometimes feel too narrow - Auto-dimming mirror, heated mirrors, integrated garage door opener, and backup camera would be nice offerings - The car's RPMs are designed to hang a little when shifting gears...takes some getting used to - I wish the factory radio would display the current artist/song title like my Chevy does - Remote starter option would be nice for those cold winter days - There is some lag switching between albums, when using the USB stick - Navigation voice interface could be expanded to recognize more commands

A step up from the last gen Si
By flamike772

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I totaled my 2009 Civic Si Sedan, I was T-Boned by a full-size SUV doing 40+ MPH, the Civic Si held up superbly, so I knew I wanted another one. So now I have had my 2012 Civic Si Sedan for a bit and can comment on it over the 09. It's a big step up, not only in looks, but in power, the torque is very noticeable and the ride is smoother. Not as sporty as the 09 but grippier than a regular civic, my Wife enjoys the ride more and its more comfortable on the road. The upholstery... the '09 has softer plush-ier fabric, but I actually prefer the new fabric due to pet hair and it seems easier to clean as well. I miss the higher redline of the 09, but the '12 feels less of a "chore" to drive.

Favorite things would be the Torque, the iMID display is great and the Bluetooth is long over-due! I love that I can get in my car and my iPhone will just play while in my pocket, bag or trunk! I also no longer need to install an expensive XM unit when I can now stream the app and not have to deal with signal issues from rain. The handsfree kit is also nice and everyone I talk to says its very loud and clear. One last thing, thank you Honda for moving the Parking Break, the old design was killing me...

Go back to the sliding armrest form the older Si, the new one stinks and seems like you have 1/2 the space now. Also I'd like to see more technology options on the Si, Backup Cam and Warnings, Auto Wipers, Digital Rearview with Compass and Garage Opener, things like this, but overall the current tech is a nice improvement over the last mode.

A different Si but still a great car
By druezer

2012 Honda Civic Si Si 4dr Sedan w/Nav (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have to admit I was one of the naysayers. I have been leasing a 2008 Si Sedan and have enjoyed the car immensely. However, the stars aligned and I was presented with a deal that I couldn't resist. The new Si won be over in a couple of days. It's a bit more "mature", shall we say. Yes, it leans a bit more and it lacks the dramatic stratospheric top end but it's still a great drive: planted and solid with a progressive and fluid driver/vehicle connection. The new mid range punch is delicious and the transmission is another gem from Honda. I've even warmed up to the interior. Though the navigation system is a bit fussy most of the controls clear and straightforward.

- torquey, free revving engine - slick transmission - solid yet comfy ride - athletic and fluid responses

- visibility still very good but I hope the belt line doesn't rise any higher - tame the roll a bit