2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2012 Civic Sedan EX-L Still running great.
By martin13 on 06/10/14 15:57 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Bought my Civic with 9k mile on it. Was concerned because I had no idea what may have happened with the original owner. Did he unload the car because of problems (I don't trust Carfax)? So now the car has 30k and has been very reliable, fun to drive, and very economical. Just came back from road trip to North Carolina - cruise control most of the way at 50-65 mph (I know, very slow, I wasn't in a hurry to get anywhere) gave me 44 mpg. Usually I get 37+ while driving at speeds 70+ mph and no cruise control use. Car had a little rattle coming from the rear that was eliminated under warranty (seat belt mechanism was the source). Otherwise, not a problem whatsoever (knock on wood).

exl w nav coupe
By adansereau on 10/04/12 04:29 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had the exl nav coupe now for 6 weeks and about 1500 miles mostly city and averaged about 30 to 33 mpg. traded a 2010 coupe for this one. This car is quiter, more comfortable, and has more mid range torgue than the previous one. The leather is top notch and seats are great. The electronics from nav to i mid screen are easy to use and radio functions displayed are really nice. This car feels very luxurious. Its sporty, looks good, has cool electronic dash with lots of color and looks very upscale and space age. This was a good choice and i am very happy with this car.

From 2010 Mazda CX-7 to 2012 Civic EX-L
By jenashley86 on 07/25/12 21:31 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My Mazda CX-7 had to go. It was requiring Premium fuel and only got on average 17mpg. I looked at a couple of other sedans, but I knew the Honda would be the best decision for me because of resale value and reliability. I got the Honda Civic Sedan EX-L and love it more and more every time that I drive it. The leather seats are extremely comfortable. The options available on the MID screen are incredible (set how you want your doors to auto-lock, set Trip A to reset when you fill up fuel, etc.). It took only $37 to fill up the tank the other day (it would have been $60 in the Mazda), I knew that I had made the right decision.

Great purchase
By soleil575 on 06/12/12 08:56 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am very happy that I purchased this EXL Civic. I'm enjoying the leather seats, moon roof, navigation, etc. The car is delightful to drive in the city and on the highway and it has more than enough pep for my needs (particularly when econ mode is off, but I usually keep it on to enhance fuel economy). I love the i-mid screen - it's convenient to glance at the upper-level screen while driving. The tech is user-friendly and the voice commands are effective and quite intuitive.

It's The Best In It's Class
By dagoomba on 07/03/11 21:42 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have had my 2012 Civic EX-L W/Navigation for about a week now. I have never owned a Honda before and for my 65th birthday I decided to get me a new Civic. My criteria for a new car was fuel economy, performance and resale value. The cars I considered were Elantra, Focus, Cruze and Civic. I read volumes of reviews and came to the conclusion that the so called expert reviewers felt the 2012 Civic did not make much of a change to the previous years and therefore they felt that Honda had taken a step back to the other models I was considering since they had surpassed the Civic in styling. Since styling was not one of my criteria points those reviews did not stray me away from considering a Civic. In fact since I never have owned a Honda I thought the styling was perfect for best fuel economy. Without going into all of the reasons I decided to buy the Civic (Elantra comes without a spare tire) I will give you my impressions of the first week of owning one. The Civic is very roomy and comfortable. I do wish the glove box and center console were a little bigger, but I can live with the size they are. The I-Mid and navigation screen give you more data than you could imagine. Some reviewers call it cheesy. I think it's pretty cool and very informative. Civics come with an "ECON" button that optimizes your fuel economy. When your ECON button is activated your performance takes a hit and acceleration is not as good as it would be with the ECON button not in use. Some reviewers say they can't see any difference between having the ECON button on or off. Well, I'm here to tell you there is a difference and it's noticeable. But, if you are trying to get the best possible fuel economy that you can then using the ECON button will save you fuel. On my first tank of gas I used the ECON as much as possible in city and highway and got a combined 34.3 mpg. In that first tank I drove from Sacramento to Reno and got 37.5 mpg ( lot of driving uphill and ECON was off while climbing those hills) Coming home from Reno I got 45.5 mpg ( lot of going downhill and had ECON on) So far I am very pleased with fuel economy. The Civic handles well in the turns and with the ECON off it has plenty of pep as far as I'm cornered. The air conditioning works great and cools off the cabin nicely. Those in the back seat were very comfortable in 97 degree weather. I do see me tinting the back windows though. The Bluetooth was easy to sync up with my Droid and call quality is very good. I'm impressed with the sound system and love being able to use a USB drive. I still have much to learn about this car but so far it is everything I was hoping it would be. I got the EX-L W/Navi for $22,500. I added some other accessories and of course tax, license and doc fees. I also got an 8 year 100,000 extended warranty for $1,200. If you decide to get yourself a 2012 Civic you will not be disappointed. You may not have the sexiest looking car on the road but you will have a solid car that you can depend on now and in the future.

Traded my 2008 Accord for the 2012 Civic
By misiu2 on 06/29/11 14:39 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The MPG is what they claim on the sticker but you have to have the econ mode on in order to achieve 30 in the city and about 40.5-41 on the highway. I have not tried to drive the Civic on the Off mode of the econ because I do live in Chicago and the gas prices…, well you can fill in the blank. So if you are looking for a gas savior and do not want a hybrid then get the 2012 Civic without a question. I do have a word of caution…if you are driving on the econ mode and you are on the highway, do Not expect acceleration or getting in front of a Camaro. The good thing about the econ mode is you can turn it off whenever you want to including when you’re driving.

42.5 mpg on first commute!
By tnmansfield on 06/13/11 14:05 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just traded my Infiniti G35 sedan which was a great car. Now that my commute is 112 miles each day, I needed a more economical car. The 2012 Civic EX-L has a luxury feel to it, a great ride, plenty of back seat room, and the seats are comfortable. I got a whopping 42.5 mpg according to the trip computer on my way in. I have read some negative press reviews but don't see the problem with the new conservative look. The interior is quiet, the ride is smooth, and the dash layout is really interesting. I like the new information screen.

2012 Civic Driving Experience
By kmorse8011 on 05/11/11 16:10 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Since there isn't a lot out there on the 2012 Civic EX-L with Nav. just wanted to share my experience. I traded a 2009 Avalanche for this car. Going from my Avalanche to a Civic took a little bit of physical and emotional adjustment. The avalanche averaged about 18 mpg the civic just under 40. I weigh 250 lbs and don't find the car uncomfortable. Filling up the civic about $35. A big drop from $110. for the Avalanche. The car is peppy if you want to drive it hard but using the eco and trying to stay in the green as much as possible is best for fuel. The near 40 mpg that I managed was some hwy and in town driving. So it's a good estimate for the average driver. I was using the ac all the time

Great Car!
By erick on 05/05/11 15:06 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX-L 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my second Honda Civic. The 2012 Honda Civic EX-L with Navigation System is a great car for all round car for technology buffs like me. Great gas mileage 40+ on the Highway. Good ride that handles bumps with composer. Technology like Bluetooth, XM Satellite Radio, USB connection for Music devices, CD player and a great Navigation System with FM traffic. What else can on ask for?

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$121 per month*