Used 2012 Honda Civic EX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Very Impressed with this car
By Honda_dad

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The only problem we had with this car was going through three batteries from the dealership within the first six months. What we found is the batteries Honda puts in these vehicles are apparently the least they can get by with. After replacing the third one and taking it to an auto parts store to have the alternator checked (which was checked and found to be ok) I bought an Optima Yellow Top battery for it and after three and half years we have had zero battery issues. I've read reviews on having trouble with the battery in these cars and those people were obviously having the same issues we were. Cheap batteries from the manufacturer. Other than that, we have had zero issues with this car. It belongs to my oldest daughter and it now has 110,000 miles and still runs and rides like the day she bought it. Very much what I expected from Honda. My middle daughter just bought a used 2013 coupe yesterday. We'll see how well it lasts.

Hated it!
By Sandy R.

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this Civic for 3 years and hated driving it every day. It was slow to accelerate and there was no great fuel savings. The econo mode made it even more sluggish. The headlights were extremely dim and not well focused. The slanting up windshield and sloping down front made visibility poor. The blind spot in the side mirrors was a significant minus. The cloth seats were wearing thin on the drivers side in just 3 years. The trunk was very small and could not hold much else once I put my mother's small walker in there. It was very difficult for an older person with hip or knee problems to get in and out of. The upholstery was treated by the dealer to prevent stains, however, it did not make it any easier to clean. I owned a 1996 Honda Civic 5 speed and loved it. I was extremely disappointed with this car. I traded it off to a Toyota dealer and I would not say the trade in was very significant. This said, it was a pleasure to be rid of this car.

Superb gas mileage champ
By Wcjeep

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Initially bought the Civic for my long commutes. Stop and go on the freeway I averaged 35mpg. Now the wife's lead foot averages 25mpg city only driving. The front seats are not designed for long road trips. Any trip under two hours is fine. Did not purchase navigation. We have smartphones. My one tech gripe is the 1-2 second audio delay while streaming Bluetooth. The factory tires were not designed for use in the rain. Probably should have bought leather interior. My work clothes get dirty. I did buy airbag compatible washable seat covers. Factory sound system makes noise. It's not Bose or Mark Levinson. This is reliable transportation that requires little effort to drive and starts every time.

Awesome
By Anthony

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a 2012 Honda Civic EX sedan all black. And to be honest it's the greatest car I have owned yet. Comfort is amazing, sport look to it, and I get great gas mililage to. Since I bought I had to put in a battery only because the owner before me had a smaller one in it. I'm planning on the staying with the civic. Plus it lowered my car insurance to. I like the whole set up of the car and technology of it.

2012 Honda Civic
By JoJo91

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Great, solid vehicle. I had this car for closing in on two years and it never gave me an issue. I purchased it with 7700 miles and put nearly 33,000 miles on with not a single major problem. The biggest issue I had was having to change a fuse. Great car, took me and my sibling from New Mexico to Nevada with not a single hesitation. Drove it 70 MPH is pouring rain and there wasn't a single near accident scare. I loved the heck out of this car and I miss it every day. Never gave me a problem, gave me great gas mileage, and still got many compliments over our year and eight months together. This car was my baby and I think I will always miss it. He got totaled in an accident and I was (and still am) devastated. Airbags deployed perfectly- no question. Great car. I would highly recommend.