2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Don't buy a hybrid, get this car!
By brock69 on 06/24/13 12:49 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Driving from Cincinnati, OH to Gatlinburg, TN this past weekend we averaged 41 MPG while having the sunroof open fully and all the windows open about 2 inches. From there we continued through the App. Mountains to Greenville, SC and averaged 43 MPG with the AC running and we were not doing anything crazy like turning off the motor. I remember the sticker saying this car was rated at 39. We averaged about 73 MPH the whole way in mild to medium traffic. We bought this car with 9000 miles on it for $17,000 and have added 16,000 miles in 6 Months. No expensive or dangerous batteries to mess with and we can turn the ECON button off whenever we want to get more juice.

Confortable Ride but dull engine
By marc_bar on 08/06/12 18:25 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been looking at a compact sedan to replace my Mazda 3 hatchback. My list is down to Hyundai Elantra and Honda Civic Sedan EX. I test drove a Civic today and the engine is very dull, no fun at all particularly for someone used to the peppy Mazda3 160 hp.

Good Car With Some Notable Exceptions
By terrainorg on 06/13/12 22:35 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've driven Hondas for a long time now, so had high expectations with my Civic EX sedan. Unfortunately, I find the new Civic pretty underwhelming, based primarily on two factors: 1) Road noise, caused by a cardboard-thin floorboard. It's not wind noise but rather noise coming up from underneath; loudest sedan I've ever driven in that respect. 2) I'm 6'5", and had no problem with comfort on the test drive. But after several weeks I still cannot find a comfort zone with the seat (headroom is fine). That could easily be solved by an electronic seat, which the Civic EX (like the Accord) should offer. There are lots of things I really like, but if I had to do it all over, I'd get another car.

A five star vehicle
By jay2012 on 05/10/12 13:08 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I have a new Honda Civic EX for about two months now and its been a great car. Very happy with the way its drive and no blind spots , very easy to see out all around the car while driving it. Its very comfortable to drive and great seats. Its really good on gas and I have been getting 31 to 33 mpg in the city and its all mostly city driving with some stops. Can't wait to see what its gets on the highway. I got a silver one and I really like the color silver because its does'nt show very much dirt and its a nice color. Overall its a very nice car that why I rate it five star.

Fun little car
By grahamola on 03/03/12 11:52 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I bought my Civic back in Sept. I like howit rides, handles, and is quiet too. I would agree that there is a lot of hard plastic surfaces and blank switchplates, but they are built right.Seats are comfortable and have lots of room inside too.

Love My Civic EX
By civiclover1 on 03/03/12 11:47 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I purchased my 2012 Civic EX last May, and I love it! It is a zippy ride, and I get compliments on the appearance of the car all the time. I had a "08 Civic and loved it too, but the new technology in the new Civics is great. Drive one....you will like it and the reliability and resale are awesome. You can't go wrong with a Civic!

Fun and good car, but has its flaws...
By skydiamonds on 01/29/12 15:25 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought the 2012 Civic sedan in October, so I've had the car for 3, almost 4, months now. I was in LOVE with the previous Civic models, particularly the coupe. My friend drives the black '09 coupe and I wanted something along those lines. I test drove a gorgeous blue one which was probably 2009 as well and really liked it. However, my mom wanted to get me a brand new car and all the older ones were used, so we settled for this one. Really not much to complain about, except for the cheap plasticky interior and the loud wind/road noise. Ugh! Other than that, beautiful and colorful graphics/dashboard and a reliable car. Great w/ gas too! Got plenty of compliments on it.

excellent car
By edlchiang1962 on 12/19/11 16:04 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My wife and I purchased our EX sedan 4.5 months ago and we currently have 8500 mile on it. We both love the car. It drives well, it is quieter than our previous Hondas, and the fuel economy is excellent. It is true that the interior has suffered from cost-cutting such as the dashboard, carpet, and roof liner. However, I really don't touch the roof liner, our all season floor mats cover up the carpet, and even though the dashboard is all hard plastic it still looks o.k. to me. The stereo sounds pretty good and the bluetooth phone connection is great. I am very impressed with all the safety equipment that it has and the fact that it has great crash test results.

40 miles on my new car and it's in the SHOP THIS IS RIDICULOUS PLEASE READ
By lylarose13 on 12/14/11 17:39 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

My 2012 Honda Civic had 43miles on it when the Check Emissions light came on. I was near the dealer and took it straight in. He said you have to leave it here. I had groceries in the trunk and had to go home only to bring it back and told I could get it that night. Only to get a call saying it's not going to be ready until Wednesday only to get a call on Wed saying the car won't be available till Friday if that because they had to order a part thru Honda Factory that was coming from Kentucky. Only to get find out I am asked to be a "Guinea pig" for Honda to put a "black box" in my car to track my car for two weeks to see if this is going to be a deal they need to bulletin.

2012 Honda Civic EX Best Buy!
By gruel on 12/07/11 17:03 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just got a new Honda Civic EX from Bergstrom in Oshkosh, WI. They called me, suggested I come in and trade my 07 Honda Fit. I went in, and test drove the Civic. I really noticed a couple of things immediately..the dash reminded me of the wonderful Mercury Cougar I had in 1990, and the ride was very similar...Quiet! The dash features looked complicated, but the menu took me through it all, and was not any harder than programming my cell phone. Speaking of cell phone, the Blue Tooth hookup in the Civic not only worked first time, but every time I enter the car, it automatically hooks up. I tested it with my wife in the car, watching the dash, and it mated when I was 40 feet away. BUY IT

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$148 per month*