2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
So far so good
By montrealcivic on 02/10/13 16:49 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving a Civic for years. This is my third consecutive new Civic. Previous models were the 98 and 05. Unfortunately this model has impressed me less than the 05. I am 5 foot 11 and often hit my head getting out of the car. They seem to have decreased the cavity opening by 1-2 inches. The carpeting is not really carpet - more akin to a dish scrub brush. This was easily fixed by adding the rubber mats with the protection package. The dash is one huge mass of not so pretty plastic. The plastic on the prior models at least resembled the texture of leather. I find visibility reduced with the long window frame pillars. The good points help reduce the negatives however.

20.000 miles in 11 months
By erik25 on 06/02/12 08:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Still going strong and no issue's,would be bad just after 20k. See the car much more on the road then when it came out. I think people want a relaible commuter and cheap on gas. I'ts only a shame that in a few months a redesigned one comes out........hope this time they do it right and give it six gears with an overdrive.But this one has to make at least 100.000 miles before i even think of something else,and that will be no problem for this car.......

Reliable, 40MPG, Need any more reasons?
By steve2012civic on 05/14/12 06:50 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Honda Civic LX last June and have put on this car about 15,000 miles. I'm not sure why this car initially got so many bad reviews. From what I can tell and have experienced these people reviewed the wrong car or are on drugs. Here are the facts after owning this car for almost 1 year. It averages about 39.8 mpg for my 30 mile commute to and from work everyday, is a blast to drive and I have had no mechanical or electrical problems at all. If you are looking for a great car, low maintenance, high mpg then look no further. I walked out of the dealership paying $18,000 for this car and have since then payed it off. I will keep this car as long as possible. Thank you Honda!

vibration issue solved
By firsthonda2012 on 04/05/12 11:02 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I almost traded in my brand new 2012 honda civic sedan lx with manual trans! I was getting a disturbing vibration when I accelerated to about 50 mph. The whole car vibrated like I was driving over a grooved highway, and then I thought that perhaps I blew a tire or something. It was intermittent. The Service Tech discovered that when you have only the rear windows down halfway the vibration happens and sounds like a helicopter! An aerodynamic thing. I wanted to let people know this just in case they are experiencing the same issue! Now that I know it is nothing serious I am back to LOVING MY NEW CIVIC!!! Getting 30 mpg with mixed around town and highway driving! Great car!!!

Civic quality getting worse
By pa_rs on 02/15/12 12:28 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I just bought an LX manual, and ... basically I m kind of dissatisfied.I traded in an LX 2000 manual that lasted me 12 years which I think had better interior fit/finish and less road noise. I don't see this car lasting that long. When above 60mph the road noise is really unacceptable. No carpet on the inside but a weird flimsy material that looks like what they put under the mattress box to cover the springs. The 2 level dashboard is BS. Must have been designed by a drunk engineer because the speedometer is perfectly covered by the steering wheel. why didI get it?looks good,handles well, good mpg,i-pod hookup. Like the climate control that stay the way you put them and don't reset

update 9000 miles
By erik25 on 10/28/11 14:53 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Have 8 k on it now with the manual and till now it is ok ,but not more than that.If you want the "old" feeling of driving fun you better stay with a 8th generation civic.......... It's a commuter from a to b and relaible. Got some engine noise after 2000 miles,must come from the valves,a ticking noise,not used to it,my 2009 lx had 30k on it and still sounded new. See how this works out in awhile,will ask about it with the first service interval.Mpg is still great without the econ button 45 mpg...... Never use the econ button anymore,spoils the power and not that much different in mpg...

Best valued compact
By master_yoda on 07/19/11 17:43 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is the second Civic that I've owned. The first was a 1980 (new) hatchback. These two cars have absolutely nothing in common. On my list was the new Elantra, corolla, Jetta, SX4 sedan and the Mazda 3. I felt that after studing, selecting and judging value, the Civic came out on top. This car drives exceptionally well for a car in it's class. I rented an Elantra for 24hrs and was not pleased with the comfort or the ride whatsoever. Not as powerful as the Mazda but again, you can't beat the road manners of the Civic., a real pleasure to drive, in my opinion.

Stayed with the Civic
By erik25 on 06/29/11 12:13 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

No other car in this market comes to the real 40 mpg,but with honda it's easy for me,did it already with an 1992,1998,2001,2009 and now the 2012. Finally it has some comfort,noise level in the cabine is acceptable. Have the 5 speed manual and it's the same transmission used for the 2001-2005 civic. At 65mph it makes 2700 rpm's,in the automatic it's 2200 rpm's,but this time you don't here it and still you get your 40 mpg,also because of the Econ button in the 5 speed.makes 2-3mpg on a tank of gas.Like to shift again because the automatic is not my thing.That shifting up and down the gears when i don't like it to shift! Everything under control again and i like it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$138 per month*