Used 2012 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews - 10 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

owned 3 years
By Sfic

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a base model car, runs great. Had to upgrade tires because traction was poor in snow. Interior is plastic looking. If you are not looking for beauty but want reliability this is your car.

Why do people buy GM when they can get civic for the same price?
By bergolive

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I wonder why people buy GMs, fords and chryslers when they can get a Civic. As far as reliability goes, I think there is enough data out there to prove that Civics are way better than most American cars. Same thing for resale value. I read somewhere that there is more American content in a Civic than in a Cruze. I don't know of this is true, but I know Civics are built in America! Anyhow, I had an Aries K when I was student and this was a constant problem (when it would start). When the engine blew up, I bought a Civic and have always been satisfied since. I drove all four of them up to about 160 000 Mi without any major trouble and managed to get a good trade-in value every single time.

Just a good reliable car. No more fun to drive than any comparable car, just extremely reliable.

So far so good
By montrealcivic

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Been driving a Civic for years. This is my third consecutive new Civic. Previous models were the 98 and 05. Unfortunately this model has impressed me less than the 05. I am 5 foot 11 and often hit my head getting out of the car. They seem to have decreased the cavity opening by 1-2 inches. The carpeting is not really carpet - more akin to a dish scrub brush. This was easily fixed by adding the rubber mats with the protection package. The dash is one huge mass of not so pretty plastic. The plastic on the prior models at least resembled the texture of leather. I find visibility reduced with the long window frame pillars. The good points help reduce the negatives however.

Good points: stereo, bluetooth and USD port. Trunkspace is still respectable. Lots of airbags including the addition of side curtains. Traction control is excellent. Rear drums are a must in Canada and this is the main reason I continue to buy the Civic and not a higher level model. Clutch is smooth and there is very little engine noise in the cabin. Side mirrors are heated and huge - like that. Steering wheel controls are lovely. Exterior styling is acceptable but I find it not as appealing as the 2011 model - maybe I'll get used to it...

Interior, interior, interior. I don't know what happened here. Fabric and carpet options are not pretty at all. Dash is huge and needs better finishing. Makes the car look cheap IMO. There is a wee bit of wind noise around the doors.

20.000 miles in 11 months
By erik25

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Still going strong and no issue's,would be bad just after 20k.
See the car much more on the road then when it came out.
I think people want a relaible commuter and cheap on gas.
I'ts only a shame that in a few months a redesigned one comes out........hope this time they do it right and give it six gears with an overdrive.But this one has to make at least 100.000 miles before i
even think of something else,and that will be no problem for this car.......

info screen and digital mph,got used to it,easy to read instead of a needle. Good headlights with high beam,because of all the deer here.

A sixt gear would be nice,we live in 2012 not in the late 80's. Disign team has to be fired,new young people have to draw some good lines so the eye can be pleased to and not feeling like driving an appliance.

Reliable, 40MPG, Need any more reasons?
By steve2012civic

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I bought the Honda Civic LX last June and have put on this car about 15,000 miles. I'm not sure why this car initially got so many bad reviews. From what I can tell and have experienced these people reviewed the wrong car or are on drugs. Here are the facts after owning this car for almost 1 year.

It averages about 39.8 mpg for my 30 mile commute to and from work everyday, is a blast to drive and I have had no mechanical or electrical problems at all.

If you are looking for a great car, low maintenance, high mpg then look no further.

I walked out of the dealership paying $18,000 for this car and have since then payed it off. I will keep this car as long as possible.

Thank you Honda!

-40 MPG -Low Maintenance -Interior Display/Features -Clutch, easy shifting -Lots of Room

N/A