2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Great car...fun to drive!
By eca72261 on 08/07/12 00:06 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just put 3,000 miles on my 2012 Honda Civic HF and I must say, this car is a joy to drive and it's super easy to park. Visibility is wonderful. There is plenty of legroom/headroom even when my 6'3" son is sitting in the passenger seat. Everything in the car fits just right (I'm 5'9" weight 225 lbs). I use math to figure out the gas mileage (miles driven divided by gallons) and I'm getting 39.573 mpg on average with my first 3,000 miles. I drive 80% hwy, 20% city. I could not be more pleased. This is a conservative car (the styling) for conservative people who want to get from point A to point B without problems. I am very happy with my purchase!!

Poorly Designed Lots of Rattles and Buzzes
By ielmike on 01/29/12 04:32 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I just bought a 2012 Civic and I can't enjoy it because there is a vibrating/rattling sound coming from the dash and it is driving me crazy. I took it in and the service department said there was no noise. Huh? My mechanic and I went for a ride and he said Honda is nuts and there is a problem with the assembly with loose screws and vibrating cables behind the dash. I wish I could enjoy it but I really can't. I am going to get rid of it and get a Toyota. I'll loose a lot of money but i can't stand that noise. I drove from Chicago to Grand Rapids and had terrible neck and should pain afterwards. I could deal with it if it weren't for that stupid noise.

Honest
By objectionist on 09/16/11 04:30 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Sedan HF 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The exterior of this vehicle is very nice, a drastic improvement over the last model. The interior leaves something to be wanted. It really doesn't do anything for me. The ride is nice, and the fuel efficiency is great for a gas engine. I averaged around 42 mpg on the interstate. The greatest grip I have is the "eco-boost" of the HF model, and the transmission of all. I think some work needs to be done in both areas. The automatic transmission acts more like a manual due to poor downshifting, and make sure to be a complete stop before changing into Drive, even if you are rolling forward. Overall, its a Honda, so I expect to have it well past 300K miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan in VA is:

$129 per month*