Used 2012 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews - 90 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

I am a Car Guy!! Love the 2012 Honda civic LX A+
By William

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

First of all i am a car guy and a old school mechanic i worked on many cars the last 20 years.,since i was a teen in the 1990's i own my first car and worked on my 1966 volkwagan classic beetle and turn it into a super bug with a 1915cc 94mm pistons and double carb 45".had 150hp. And drove many cars and my project cars.anyways loved working on cars. classic old school Muscle cars ,from toyota,Honda,ford mustangs,vw, old and new chevy Camaro and other model types big list I was a craftsman, technician who uses tools to build or repair machinery i have many trades within. Some on specialize in the electrical aspects and specialize in the mechanical aspects. i done in the Past. I and my wife bought our Like new 2012 Honda civic Lx with 41K we need a gas saver car. i own many older Honds cars 89'civic hatchback and 88"Honds accord over 200 to 300 miles on them and still running and very reliabe cars.I read many blogs on the website on these models i seen them rated poor. i was shock this is not true. the Honda civic Lx 2012 is a beauty i can trust on reliability this is car everyone can trust . gas saver,39 to 41mpg.we took it on a road trip did a 157 mile drove on a flat highway 168 in California Los Banos we when up steep hills and had no problem on speed my wife was not pressing on the accelerator full she press on it and the rpm jumps on 4ooo it the pedal was not to the floor. we were going at 77 which its normal speed for a 1.8 ivtec engine with 140 hp and 128 lb.-ft. of torque .which will do on any other car with same hp power.ll depends age and engine, carburetor or fuel injection can give the power and transmission type, is highly debated question among car enthusiasts that drive with same hp and different car model.it can handel the hills and transmission shift smooth and the turns Stability control excellent Well-performed. and with the help of Traction control. This 2012 Honda civic Engine & Performance can Handel the highway and back roads very well! I love the 5 Star crash safety test. it has Front and rear head airbags and Dual front side-mounted airbags. its a A+ for our family.And the Interior Features and the Tachometer it was lite bright and easy to read i and my wife love the inside interior simple and easy to use. never had no Eleterical issues. it has everything you need It's no secret that Hondas are arguably the most reliable car. The Honda 2012 civic still perform very well” despite what other said on the website or blog .Honda Civic offers excellent fuel economy and is well-known for being a vehicle that you can trust on the road. all you do is take care of the updated the maintenance requirements it will take care of you. "in my opinion" when I encountered many cars in my past history working on many differnet style vehicles and upgrading them. Honda Civic reliability ratings results is a A+. only con on the 2012 civic is the front Suspension designed by the vehicle manufacturer, springs are and shocks are weak. on the road you can feel the almost every bumps on the road. easy fix replacing them. This Honda is worth it! test drive one you will see . like many people out there they are very picky!There is no such thing as the perfect car. No disrespect intended. But you know how it is. Your car is never quite perfect. Nothing mechanically wrong!Nothing you can ask the garage to fix!

review of my 2012 civic
By yann grenier

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Excellent millage 32-45 mpg, excellent safety and road handling but very low to the ground, has no clearance in the snow or on uneven roads

Fading!!
By Jessica

2012 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I got my car last year. I've had no problems with the car. The only complaint I have is that my roof is fading and it makes my car look horrible. And now the trunk seems to start to fade.

Hated it!
By Sandy R.

2012 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I owned this Civic for 3 years and hated driving it every day. It was slow to accelerate and there was no great fuel savings. The econo mode made it even more sluggish. The headlights were extremely dim and not well focused. The slanting up windshield and sloping down front made visibility poor. The blind spot in the side mirrors was a significant minus. The cloth seats were wearing thin on the drivers side in just 3 years. The trunk was very small and could not hold much else once I put my mother's small walker in there. It was very difficult for an older person with hip or knee problems to get in and out of. The upholstery was treated by the dealer to prevent stains, however, it did not make it any easier to clean. I owned a 1996 Honda Civic 5 speed and loved it. I was extremely disappointed with this car. I traded it off to a Toyota dealer and I would not say the trade in was very significant. This said, it was a pleasure to be rid of this car.

owned 3 years
By Sfic

2012 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

This is a base model car, runs great. Had to upgrade tires because traction was poor in snow. Interior is plastic looking. If you are not looking for beauty but want reliability this is your car.