2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Clean, smooth running car!
By jstbnreal on 01/02/14 20:03 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas Natural Gas 4dr Sedan w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I've been driving this natural gas car for over a year now and it has turned out to be one of the best investments ever. I have two CNG stations by my home and my tank fills up with $12 and I get anywhere from 200-240 miles per tank. The only bad thing I have notice and have taken my car back to dealer for was the sputtering when you first start the car in the morning. It did hesitate in the morning sometimes, but the dealer did some adjustments and it's all good now. Overall a great comfortable car with great steering/handling. The navigation and stereo is GREAT!! The carpool stickers in rush hour is the BEST part!!! Love this car.

Lowest cost per mile, lowest carbon foot print outside of an EV.
By genegenre on 06/11/13 06:04 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas Natural Gas 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

The car is quiet, comfortable, lots of leg and rear seat leg room. Trunk is shallow but tall and will fit two small suit cases. Very areodynamic and does well in strong cross winds, is light weight (2848lbs. for the CNG) yet steering is a little heavy but not that bad! Few minor quirks; the radio volume isn't loud enough to hear clearly (on max) when playing classical music, miles 'til zero range indicator fluctuates and settles esp the first half tank, trunk squeaks, car sputters when you first start it and hesitates when initially pressing the gas. As well it frequently acts like it's in neutral when you come to a stop so will roll backwards slightly on a hill. No coolant temp guage!

great car so far for first 5 weeks
By yarruhs on 11/18/12 15:40 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Natural Gas Natural Gas 4dr Sedan (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I thoroughly enjoy this car. The fuel economy is far better than i expected. I have gotten as high as 40 mpg , and with each gallon of natural gas costing $2.05 , this has translated into an mpg equivalent of gasoline of 80 mpg ((when gas is at $4.00 for unleaded gas). I am waiting for the diamond lane sticker which will save me at least 10 minutes each way to and from work. One thing to note is in California there are many natural gas stations. The lowest price stations are the actual gas companies at 2.05 per gallon. Others will charge as high as $2.99 which is 33% more