Used 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Worst Vehicle I Have Ever Owned (out of 22 cars)!
By Bob Woliver

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I will try to start positive here: this car would get 42-45 MPG on a routine basis in city driving and I got a peak of 55 MPG on the highway. Unfortunately, that was the only positive point about this vehicle! Honda redesigned the Civic Hybrid in 2013 for good reason. Wind noise from poorly fitting doors, an interior door panel that would bow in about a half inch when the power window hit the top, deafening road noise which included the sound of fuel sloshing in the tank, stumbling and hesitation out of stops, a film that would appear on the windows about every 2 weeks requiring they be cleaned, oil accumulation in the air filter during heavy load situations (fully loaded, highway driving) and uneven, rapid tire wear. At 24K miles the transmission (a CVT) started slipping and I traded the car.

Honest review
By Bugs

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

This is my first Hybrid car, first cvt transmission also. Bought this car for gas mpg and it has really impressed me on the mpg's. We just got back from a long vacation, 2565 miles with varies roads from Hilly, interstate, and city driving, it average 45.8.

Never buy hybrid
By nashdesi

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

From start to initial speed car vibrates a lot or call it shudders Bought a used car and returned in two days Gave me headache from vibration Saving that dollar from hybrid was not worth My son who is seven could not stand the vibration Will never buy a hybrid again When it switches between electric and engine I cannot bear that vibration and noise Saving some dollar for vibration is not worth it Please test drive throughly before you buy hybrid Do lot of stop and go before you buy On high way any car runs good Good luck on buying hybrid Honest review given by desi

2012 This Hybrid is Awesome!
By peter789

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just purchased at a fantastic price. Deal hard. Hybrids are not selling as well because old reviews were bad. So I did not pay the hybrid premium that I would have to make up with gas savings. I do 70% city and 30% highway and getting between 45 and 47 mpg so far. This Civic is made in Japan and sells very well there. Hence the Japanese near 6 dollar a gallon gas. I am sure that in my state the cost of gas will be in the 4.50 to 5.00 range soon which will make this purchase so much more justified.

The "S" feature no one talks about. If I need to escape out of a certain situation quickly the car drives more like a sports car. It shuts of the automatic engine off feature. The Eco help displays are great. After awhile you do everything automatically. Phone Bluetooth is great. Very comfortable cabin.

Noise levels at highway speeds is a little loud especially on concrete roads. Black top much improved. Medium level radio helps a lot to even notice. Hay its not a Lexus. I tested the Lexus 30 thousand dollar hybrid 4-door hatchback. The room inside is terrible.

So you want a Hybrid....
By hybridman2012

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you are on your first mission to buy a hybrid, this article will help you! I started my quest to find the "gas mileage" car I needed by going to a Toyota dealer and driving the famous Prius. After being unimpressed with the style, power and certainly the price, I went back to Honda. This would be my third Honda if the 2012 Civic was the one I was looking for.Here are some facts that accually are true to help you make your decision: First - Honda has a Lithium Ion battery back weighing 20lbs. Prius has a NiCad battery weighing 200lbs. The NiCad has a memory and won't last as long as Honda's Lithium Ion with a warranty of 10yrs or 80,000 miles! Last - More power, most quiet, NICE!

If you are like I was, the best feature is the MPG. I know Honda says " 44mpg city, or highway" All I can say is that with the first tank we averaged 48.6 mpg! I have 2000 miles on my Civic and average no less then 51.3 mpg!! I expect more as it breaks in. It also has more room for those of us who are 6'2'' and 250 lbls, then any previous Honda. I have ample room and it's quite comfortable to drive. Dash lights up like an aircraft and is very easy to find what you are looking for. Great stereo system and bluetooth doesn't sound like you are in a tunnel. Kudos to Honda!! It's not a Caddy, but I didn't pay for a caddy either! All around a great commute car...after all it's a Honda!

Some dis the plastics. I find them to be totally acceptable and low on glare. I don't know any improvements that need to me made and keep the car in the price range I wanted. This is a state of the art, smooth Hybrid, that was designed to get you the best MPG on regular fuel. Even the tires are designed for lower friction and higher MPG! I totally recomend the 2012 Honda Civic to anyone that really wants a nice car and the MPG to back it up! No hype, it's the real deal! Thanks Honda....nice job and thanks for the MPG, we really needed it out here!

• SUV