2012 Honda Civic Hybrid - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
2012 This Hybrid is Awesome!
By peter789 on 09/07/12 13:01 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

I just purchased at a fantastic price. Deal hard. Hybrids are not selling as well because old reviews were bad. So I did not pay the hybrid premium that I would have to make up with gas savings. I do 70% city and 30% highway and getting between 45 and 47 mpg so far. This Civic is made in Japan and sells very well there. Hence the Japanese near 6 dollar a gallon gas. I am sure that in my state the cost of gas will be in the 4.50 to 5.00 range soon which will make this purchase so much more justified.

Our third Civic is the quietest!
By hardcopy on 05/07/12 14:18 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr, Nav (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

We can't relate to the professionals claim of excessive road/wind noise. This car, up to 80MPH, is as quiet as our Cadillac CTS. Maybe Honda responded to the critiques with more sound deadening - it is quiet. We haven't gone more than 12 miles from home and we are averaging the advertised 44 MPG. Particularly impressed with the included technology. Bluetooth works great. We particularly like the near headsup display of driving data. Not nearly as quirky as a Prius. Drivability is typically Honda confident.

So you want a Hybrid....
By hybridman2012 on 05/05/12 17:22 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

If you are on your first mission to buy a hybrid, this article will help you! I started my quest to find the "gas mileage" car I needed by going to a Toyota dealer and driving the famous Prius. After being unimpressed with the style, power and certainly the price, I went back to Honda. This would be my third Honda if the 2012 Civic was the one I was looking for.Here are some facts that accually are true to help you make your decision: First - Honda has a Lithium Ion battery back weighing 20lbs. Prius has a NiCad battery weighing 200lbs. The NiCad has a memory and won't last as long as Honda's Lithium Ion with a warranty of 10yrs or 80,000 miles! Last - More power, most quiet, NICE!

My First Hybrid
By harleybiker on 04/30/12 11:49 AM (PDT)

With over 7,725 miles experience with this car, I am very pleased with it overall. Highway trip mileage for 2,200 miles was 48.3. Overall mileage with lots of city driving including many traffic lights and 6 months of Chicago winter temperatures has brought the overall average MPG down to 42.8 for over 7,700 miles. Winter driving on snow and ice was not bad with these standard tires. Overall, I am very satisfied with the vehicle and it has somewhat exceeded my expectations.

Great MPG and great comfort... just a little pricey upfront
By pokechimp88 on 03/12/12 16:48 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan w/Lthr (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

Having also owned a 2010 Insight hybrid that is getting about 43 MPG combined and having good reliability with it, we decided to go on and purchase a 2012 HCH III w/lthr. Its a much more comfortable car with more features than the Insight. Because the car isn't broken in yet (200 on the odometer as of its writing) and frequent cold starts in Ohio, the life time MPG is only about 45 MPG, which is slightly above the EPA estimates but that has required a "feather" pedal with little HVAC. The car does have an EV only mode, which is a first for the Honda IMA system and it rocks! I can get 70 MPG on a run with it! Hopefully once the weather warms, I can break 55+ MPG and get 700 miles on a tank!

best Honda I've bought
By lotsahondas on 06/23/11 14:32 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Hybrid Hybrid 4dr Sedan (1.5L 4cyl gas/electric hybrid CVT)

puzzled by "meh" reviews. 2nd Civic hybrid, 5th Honda I've owned. This is the best since my '77 Accord, and I've liked them all. They've all been reliable. Note that JD Powers elevated Honda to #2 today. Style: other than tail looks like a Camry, no complaints, but I wasn't in market for Corvette. "Cheap plastic"? plastic is plastic, it doesn't pretend to be burled wood or silver. And it is matte finish dash, which means less sun in the eyes. Comfort: supportive seats, roomy cabin front and back. Ride: incredibly smooth. Steering: responsive with very tight turning radius. Acceleration: adequate. Not a BMW, but hybrid owners don't burn rubber. Mileage: after 600 mi, 42+ MPG!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Hybrid in VA is:

$134 per month*