2012 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Five Manual Transmission Complaint
By mastersergeant on 09/02/12 03:34 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Body styling is sporty in coupe compared to the competition. Thought I was purchasing a quality built vehicle. I prefer manual transmissions in small cars for the sport of shifting. The five speed transmission has a 'clunking' sound when engaging and releasing clutch pedal shifting out of first into second and from second to third gear. Honda is aware of the complaint/noise and has no repair. Had they simply put on the window sticker that the complaint is there without a fix I would not have bought the car. Very disappointed. Have driven other older vehicles to include the old VW Beetle that have had quieter transmissions. Fuel economy is great! Very disappointed with transmission.

What I expected...
By miami305 on 09/22/11 08:19 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

It is what I expected. I bought this car for the better gas mileage. It's a traditional civic.. hard to park straight and completely in the parking spot, with the sloped hood and windshield, but I suppose I 'll get used to that eventually.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$141 per month*