2012 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
No more Hondas for me!
By ravfjr on 05/30/14 10:52 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd civic, and will be my last Honda. It appears that Honda has (sadly) taken the road to greed by offering an inferior product for profit. At 500 miles the traction control unit failed, then at 13,000 miles the A/C unit wouldn't work, followed by an emission control failure at 15,000 miles. The car is extremely noisy and uncomfortable to drive. The stereo is one on the worst I've ever heard. I really can't believe this car is a Honda product.

Despite reviews, still a great car !
By hondafan88 on 12/06/13 08:53 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2012 Civic for 2 years now and have already put 61.950 miles on it with zero problems ! Have only put new tires on it since purchase, well taken care of. This car has taken care of me ! Love to drive it everyday and gas mileage is superb ! My only complaint is the road noise and the glove box sometimes rattles..handles beautifully in the snow and ice and never let's me down. Love the leather bucket seats for comfort, it's a great car for reliability and value. I will buy another one when I reach 500,000 miles with this one ! Driving a Honda Civic is just plain smart and recommend it to anyone over any other compact ! This is my second Civic and never disappointed !

Update
By shannonb36 on 08/29/13 05:37 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Have had my 2012 Civic coupe for 7 months and have loved every minute of it. Have put 12,000 miles on it so far. It gets me everywhere I've asked it to go so far. I do agree with others about the blind spots, but have learned to be aware of them when changing lanes. I also agree about the acceleration. It takes a little while to get up to highway speed, but once it does it cruises very comfortably and sometimes when I look down the speed on the speedometer surprises me and I slow down quick! Still impressed with all of the features offered in an economy priced car. Very happy, very good purchase.

Love 2nd time around
By tikadawn on 07/31/13 13:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently owned a 2006 civic coupe and crashed at no fault of my own, it was totaled, so when I got the insurance check I immediatly told my boyfriend I want another civic. He tried to get me to look at other types of cars, but I had to have my civic and I just love my 2012 automatic w/ navigation. I feel safe and comfortable with the size of the car. I dont feel the road noise as people talk about or the vibrations. My car has a smooth ride and its a step up from the 2006, but to be honest, I liked the look of my 2006, it was more sporty, but thats not neither her or there, its a great car. I get double takes on the 2012 car all the time. I know I made the right decision.

Very impressed, and happy with my 2012 Civic !
By merickson88 on 04/05/13 19:24 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I am impressed with the new 2012 Civic...still under two years old I have already put on over 50,000 miles with 0 problems..smartest buy I've made yet and it's my second Honda and will never buy anything else ! I avg 32 city and 33 to 39 on the highway depending on how I drive. Excellent gas mileage and comfortable car. Love the navigation, stereo and sound, leather interior which is nice and durable ! I just love my Honda and can't wait to drive it, it's a remarkable car ! I plan on trying to get as many miles out of it as I can !

If you think this car is noisy...
By shannonb36 on 02/01/13 04:53 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Just traded in a 2009 Accent for a 2012 new, left over Civic. have put on 150 miles in 2 days and planning a road trip to test its mettle. Very impressed so far. Started with a 2012 Accent which was totaled. Went with the 09 on the assurance that it would give me 300,000 miles. What it gave me was 2K worth of repairs in one year. I haven't driven other cars in the Civic's class, but it handles and rides like a dream. Seating is very comfortable, back seat even in the coupe model is spacious. Engine is a quiet hum. Hoping that this will be my 300K mile vehicle.

Forget Consumer Reports
By subarubiker on 01/02/13 15:27 PM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

The fact that Honda only made slight changes to the Coupe for 2013 shows the 2012 was a great car. I have a Dyno Blue Coupe EX with the 5-speed manual, absolutely stunning and sporty looking. This is my first manual car and I love it; it has a smooth-shifting stick and a very easy to modulate clutch that's a breeze in traffic. It gets great mileage on regular gas, getting 28mpg combined in winter temperatures with snow tires. The ride is a bit loud, but it handles very well and is a big upgrade over the past Civics with the handy i-Mid and the great 7-speaker sound system. Seats are very comfy! The only thing that lacks in the Civic is winter handling- winter tires transformed my Civic.

2nd review-crash result
By carlonz on 12/30/12 09:16 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I submitted a review previously, just after purchasing my new 12 civic. I thought I should submit another after recently totaling it. It was a great car, in fact I have replaced it with the same exact model and color. Whats important to know is that I was hit (t-boned) on the passenger side at about 35 mph. Side impact air bags went off and car spun 180 degrees. I walked away with only a bruise to my right foreman, no other bruisers, breaks or next day sorenss, with the driver and passenger seating areas fully intact. It's not often someone submits a review on safety in a real world incident. Above and beyond its strengths and weaknesses, this car is built for safety. Thank you Honda.

Does exactly what is needs to
By code_break on 12/26/12 09:10 AM (PST)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

I recently purchased a 2012 Civic LX after doing a lot of research on fuel efficient compact cars. Fuel economy was a top priority as my old gas burner was robbing me every other week. After comparing real world users reports it was clear the Civic would get good fuel economy. Many other cars seem to be highway rated at 40 mpg (Hyundai Elantra), but people in the real world are not actually getting that. After about 1k miles I've already got over 45 mpg on a 200 mile trip.

Five Manual Transmission Complaint
By mastersergeant on 09/02/12 03:34 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

Body styling is sporty in coupe compared to the competition. Thought I was purchasing a quality built vehicle. I prefer manual transmissions in small cars for the sport of shifting. The five speed transmission has a 'clunking' sound when engaging and releasing clutch pedal shifting out of first into second and from second to third gear. Honda is aware of the complaint/noise and has no repair. Had they simply put on the window sticker that the complaint is there without a fix I would not have bought the car. Very disappointed. Have driven other older vehicles to include the old VW Beetle that have had quieter transmissions. Fuel economy is great! Very disappointed with transmission.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic Coupe in VA is:

$97 per month*