Used 2012 Honda Civic Coupe Consumer Reviews - 29 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2012 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

2012 Honda Civic Coupe

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great for the Price
By Deanne Lock

2012 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

You get what you pay for. This is a car that is great for someone without kids. Back seating a very tight and the rear view is difficult. It has FABULOUSA gas mileage and steering. It is road noisy.

Alternator Issue
By Kiran Mehta

2012 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5M)

I had to replace the battery because it went dead. When I got replaced the battery at battery + I was told that I need to get Alternator checked out because it not charging the battery the way it should. So I called dealer they wanted $80 to run diagnostic on vehicle instead of spending $80 I went to my mechanic who is working on foreign cars for a while. He checked to see if battery is being charge while car is running and it wasn't, it was showing battery was holding at 12.4 V and it should have been 14 V. He tried various method to see if it charges the battery and finally when he turn the head lights on while car is running battery started charging and showing 14 v. He told me that it is weird and never saw anything like this. He thought probably the alternator was made that way. So I called to confirm with Honda company to see if they have any thing on this issue I was told they don't have information or recall on it. Rep at Honda company was pushing me to take it to dealer and pay $80 for diagnostic.

Love my civic!
By Nyagresk

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

ROAD NOISE SUCKS THOUGH!!! Very noisy. And there no outside air display which is kind of weird. Other than that it is amazing. I love the gas mileage and that it takes regular gas. Looks super sporty on the outside and slick interior is nice and simple. So far so good! 19.120k miles and going strong.

No more Hondas for me!
By ravfjr

2012 Honda Civic Coupe LX 2dr Coupe (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

This is my 3rd civic, and will be my last Honda. It appears that Honda has (sadly) taken the road to greed by offering an inferior product for profit. At 500 miles the traction control unit failed, then at 13,000 miles the A/C unit wouldn't work, followed by an emission control failure at 15,000 miles. The car is extremely noisy and uncomfortable to drive. The stereo is one on the worst I've ever heard. I really can't believe this car is a Honda product.

It's only saving grace is the good gas mileage...and that's about it!

Offer a halfway decent stereo, reduce the road noise, make more comfortable seats, offer an outside air temperature display (really, you couldn't offer this on all models? My motorcycle even has one). Bring back the reliability I've come to know in the Honda product.

Despite reviews, still a great car !
By hondafan88

2012 Honda Civic Coupe EX-L 2dr Coupe w/Nav (1.8L 4cyl 5A)

Had my 2012 Civic for 2 years now and have already put 61.950 miles on it with zero problems ! Have only put new tires on it since purchase, well taken care of. This car has taken care of me ! Love to drive it everyday and gas mileage is superb ! My only complaint is the road noise and the glove box sometimes rattles..handles beautifully in the snow and ice and never let's me down. Love the leather bucket seats for comfort, it's a great car for reliability and value. I will buy another one when I reach 500,000 miles with this one ! Driving a Honda Civic is just plain smart and recommend it to anyone over any other compact ! This is my second Civic and never disappointed !

Favorite feature is the Nav system, sound system, Econ mode, and Bluetooth connectability with IPhone and IPod. Seats very comfortable and leather has been very durable. And I change my own oil and doing an oil change on my car takes ten minutes because it's so easy to get to ! It's awesome ! I love to drive it because I can really feel what my Civic is doing on the road and all in all the ride is nice.

Improve the interior quality, and reduce the cabin noise. Could use better suspension and take road bumps better although it's serviceable now. I would change the location of coolant reservoir as it's hard to see the max line when doing maintenance and filling. I would add LED lights to all of Honda vehicles sold in the US.