2012 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
A step up from the last gen Si
By flamike772 on 10/26/12 08:33 AM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I totaled my 2009 Civic Si Sedan, I was T-Boned by a full-size SUV doing 40+ MPH, the Civic Si held up superbly, so I knew I wanted another one. So now I have had my 2012 Civic Si Sedan for a bit and can comment on it over the 09. It's a big step up, not only in looks, but in power, the torque is very noticeable and the ride is smoother. Not as sporty as the 09 but grippier than a regular civic, my Wife enjoys the ride more and its more comfortable on the road. The upholstery... the '09 has softer plush-ier fabric, but I actually prefer the new fabric due to pet hair and it seems easier to clean as well. I miss the higher redline of the 09, but the '12 feels less of a "chore" to drive.

EPA estimates are way off
By pstanger on 09/14/12 21:16 PM (PDT)

2012 Honda Civic Si 4dr Sedan (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I was hesitant to commit to the 2012 SI because the EPA estimates are not very impressive. But I took a gamble figuring if I was disappointed, I could easily trade due to the high resale value. I have just under 6000 miles on it so far in about 6 weeks. In mixed driving my worst tank of gas was 32 mpg. Best so far was over 37 (with a bit of neutral coasting at exit ramps, etc). As the car "breaks in", it really feels like it's getting quicker. It's great fun to drive. Much more torque than my '08 EXL. Interior noise is not quite, but is acceptable. My '08 interior is a bit classier. But I'm getting used to the '12.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2012 Honda Civic in VA is:

$155 per month*